July 6, 201214 yr comment_613937 Name: Daniel Car: RA28 Celica Engine: 18r Intake: 32/36 weber Exhaust: extractors Driveline: W50 Suspension: FRONT: cut stock springs, munroe shocks, 24mm swaybar REAR: peders lowered springs, muroe shocks, 18mm swaybar Brakes: RA40 booster & master cylinder FRONT: stock disks REAR: Stock drum Wheels & Tyres: Interior: stripped with SAAS race seat, SAAS dished sports steering wheel Body: Stereo: none Other: Not a corolla but hey theres coronas and crowns so why not a celica to, anyway after all my previous atempts to build club racer were foiled either by excessive rust or my mates offering me cash and buying them off me I'm goin to try stick to this one. At the moment its got a stock 18rc that aparently doesnt run so i brought a RA40 donor car to give up its motor and gearbox and what ever else i need. later I plan to find an 18rg but we'l cross that bridge when we get to it. When I got her back to home base the interior was stripped and turfed as its was ripped, cracked, water logged or insect infested and chucked my mates 14x8 neils wheels on so I could sell the discusting ones it came with so thats were I'm at so far. Now for some pics Edited August 27, 201214 yr by dpb Report
July 6, 201214 yr comment_613938 I would quite easily swap/trade/whatever my KE70 for an RA28. Report
July 6, 201214 yr Author comment_613940 Always had a soft spot for them and this one was crazy cheap and only minor rust Report
July 9, 201214 yr comment_614233 There is a long list of things I would be willing to do to get one of these cars. Congrats on finding yours. Interesting choice of car for a hill climb car too. Report
July 10, 201214 yr Author comment_614603 Its no wrx but I just want to go have fun without having to worry about the po-po and I can't think of anythin better than a cammed and twin carb'd engine on song in the hills :) should be fun just have to recover from moving sheds and make some space to work on her lol Report
July 11, 201214 yr comment_614675 Well if it was a WRX I wouldn't be willing to do any list of things to get one and I wouldn't be following the thread. I can see 20 or 30 of them a day just on my drive to work. The last time I saw one of these on my drive to work........ sheesh........ probably a couple of years at least. Report
July 11, 201214 yr Author comment_614692 A mate of mine just broght a ke30 coupe off some drugo that aparently has 2 ra28s In his back yard rotting so mite get onto him and get some spairs Report
July 11, 201214 yr comment_614697 Damn it S.A./VIC. There seems to be an endless supply of old Toyota's down those ways. Report
July 11, 201214 yr comment_614704 The minuature Mustang! Should be good fun, and will attract attention when you take it out. Everyone loves these things! Report
July 11, 201214 yr comment_614707 SA/VIC seem to be the storage place for anything old! Old holdens/fords/toyota stuff all seems to be down that way! Report
July 22, 201214 yr Author comment_617104 pulled the stuffed 18R and auto out today and picked up some beefier sway bars off ebay to start on suspension upgrades along with some new bushes Report
July 22, 201214 yr comment_617107 Looking good mate :) Looks like she will be a beast ;) See ya Jimi Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now