1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion

maccat01

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate. Still looking. I have found it in the usa online manual. I have found jaycar do a similar setup also. But I think best off to wrecker as subaru australia don't recognise us part numbers :-(

What conversion you doing mate?

Ive managed to get an exhaust manifold fabd for free now too :-)

So i sent my crossmemeber and engine mounts away to my uncle to get properly welded up as I'm only a amateur and i wanted the thing strong. Which up there he tells me he misses welding and wants more parts to do.

So next week i will fit the steering box back into the car and cut the stock manifold up. Ill mock up the exhaust and tack it up.

I will be going a slightly different route to mick and his little yellow beast and will be keeping the system 4-2-1 just like factory standard as it gives more mid range power (so says honda). After that I will also get him to fab me a new intake manifold, as i wish to put a roots supercharger on it for that magic 300rwhp (running only 3-4 psi of boost for engine longevity).

99% of these engines when force inducted use a turbo charger or a centrififugal supercharger as the setup is fairly simple in the honda engine bay. But seeing as there is no room in front of the engine in the engine bay in the ke30, the roots supercharger will sit atop the new intake manifold and will sit slightly out of the bonnet. And I love me a supercharger whine so roots or whipple is the only way to go..

Car will however be getting rego'd before the charger goes on so it will be on the road while before i get that far... But planning ahead is making my vision come together quicker.

Hey mate. Still looking. I have found it in the usa online manual. I have found jaycar do a similar setup also. But I think best off to wrecker as subaru australia don't recognise us part numbers :-(

Thanks for that Dave. As I said I am a long way from the interior so I will probably do something completely different when that stage of the build comes about.

What conversion you doing mate?

I'm doing an SR20DET conversion into a KE30

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/67373-betsy-the-little-ke30-that-knew-she-could/

You got any idea what you gunna trim it with?

Not 100% sure but I think it will be simple and usable. This week I was thinking S14 or S15 cluster, S2k center console, simple grey carpets, S14 or S15 rear seats, some Bride or Recaro front seats and some sort of sports steering wheel. This changes from week to week with different things I see, so I won't even know till the week the interior gets done LOL. :pimp:

I have ended up buying a few square meters of black vinyl from bunnings for fairly cheap and its got a real nice pattern in it too. Seeing as my recaros have a blue insert I'm going to get the centres redone in recaro nardo black fabric and am gunna get a little spare to I can put an insert in the door trim.

Ill buy all I need then goto a trimmer just to smash the insert in.

Was gunna carpet the boot but have now decided to vinyl the whole boot including the floor as the vinyl will strech and fit better, plus I got 4mm thick waterproof carpet underlay to make it a bit squishy.

Keep in mind that some recaro trim is glued to the foam so can't be removed and the whole seat need to be reconstructed. But the evo 6, 7 and 8 unzips. Or so ive been told.

Yeah basically I'm focussing on one aspect of the car at a time. I do have a theme and vision that I am aiming for however I will decide on the interior once I am up to that. Currently I am focussed on the body (coz it costs next to nothing) and my engine/gearbox.

• 2 weeks later...