Ultra P***ed Off

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

do you want it done properly or not?? just wait

they know as well as you and I that your probably not gonna go back there...which isnt any help...theyre probably gonna take even longer.

It is annoying to have to wait for things. Yesterday I had to wait a bit longer for my exhaust to be finished...It didnt worry be because I knew if they didnt rush it they would be able to do a proper job. And may I say its bloody beautiful! Muffler Pro @ Seventeen mile rocks...highly recommended.

Welcome to the world of cars. I wouldn't get too worried about it, just get used to it.

Since starting project Hal I've learnt not to expect to get anything back in time, that way if it does get back in time I can be pleasantly surprised. I waited 6 months for my front splitter (with "next week mate"'s virtually all the way), I'm still waiting for the boot divider that I lent someone. Both of these things I was told I'd get the week after I gave it to them.

I've stayed at home countless times waiting for people to show up, they never did. I've driven just about everywhere (to the coast about 20-30 times) to pick up something that was not finished. I've had my car towed somewhere only to find that I couldn't store the car because the people running the spray booth decided to go home early without telling me. The ratio between the number of promises that have been broken and the number made is about 99:1.

I waited 3 months for my engine. I wasn't too fussed because I wasn't in a hurry. Then I got it, and it's missing so many bits, I've been driving back and forth getting bits and pieces since. I still haven't gotten all my bits.

I sent my gearbox away and was told I'd get it back later that week. Don't remember exactly when that was, but it'll have to be at least 2 months ago. The guy who's looking at it has been busy. I still don't have my gearbox. No idea when I'll get it, all I can do is twiddle my thumbs I suppose...

Hal was supposed to be on the road before April. That became end of April. It's now looking closer to June. Who knows, maybe June will turn up and I'll say August. No idea.

Meh.

Get used to it.

*calmer now*

Ben - yes, i want the job done properly, but i don't think they realize some of the small details - such as that crack i was talking about. The thing that most annoys me is that dads payed him, and he says - leave it for anotehr week, and it will be all done, and we get there today, and wile talking 2 us, it slips out that he only started working on it today, and he had all week to polish bottom back 1/4 of the car, and touch up an area about the size of a 50c coin. - meh -

Nick - while dad is paying & incharge, i will not get ripped off lol - but the paint dude is a nice guy, and i wouldnt expect him to rip me off. As for DIY - if i had the tools, and expirence and know how, i would do it all my self, but i have very small amounts of those needed things, - not to mention the time needed, during school.

fook - wow, uve had a run in with some people. thats gota sux.

Gives me inspiration to be better than some of these scum bags later on in life... do that 1 thing alot of buisness have fogotten these days... service.

P.s - if i ever did get ripped off with reguards to my money, i would think it would be a police matter?

what fook said. i can give you several instances where i or other friends have waited usually around 4 times longer than expected to get results, learn to deal with it

it also seems, the friendlier you get with someone who does work for you, the worse the service gets

Well, Last Saturday he said the car was goan be ready next Saturday(today). We went down there and he said - its just not ready yet, give me 1 more week and it will be like new. Dad said - do u want me to pay u now, or when i get back from china (5 weeks +) - dads in china now, work - And he said, well, Now would be great because i have wages to pay. So dad payed him then. - i didnt have anything to do with payment issues.

Well hey with my front splitter after waiting for it for 6 months and getting told "yeah mate it's almost done", "next week mate", "just got to make the mounting tabs" etc it turns out not only had he LOST my front stone tray, he hadn't even STARTED to look at my front splitter. I had to wander through his workshop to find my stone tray (that was damaged) and then he made my front splitter in 2 hours. I didn't bug him about the damage to my stone tray, in fact even the front splitter wasn't perfect (it was after all only 2 hours work), I just wanted to get my stuff and get out of there...

And yes I agree with Jamie - with 90% of my cases the more friendly you get with the people doing the work the worse the service gets. Has even motivated me to just go to big companies like Midas, bend over and pay through my arse, at least I get the service on time, and with a reasonable level of quality.

It's a pity, but it's true. Some people are genuine and are worth getting to know and respect, others aren't. Sort them out into their respective categories and in time you'll have a host of mates you can trust, and you won't keep getting f**ked around by the other "mates" that aren't worth knowing.

Well said fook. The mechanic i have found is really good - his name is gavin @ Gilmer autos (weird name, i think thats how u spell it) - he does a great job, always on time, and doesnt charge like a bull.

The guys down @ option 1 garage are really good too - can't fault them.

:P

ACE (adult community education) courses are excellent. I just finished a MIG welding course. I can do triangle weaves, J weaves, Alloy, 12mm steal up to a load of something like 12 tonnes in the weak direction of the weld. We were welding 10mm steel plate with 3 run fillets and we ended up bending the metal before the weld broke..

So yea...keep an eye out for them. That course was 4 saturdays (8:30-12:30) and cost $160 + welding mask, gloves etc. Materials and machines are included.

that's about the only way to get things done properly, but unfortunately due to skill/tooling/time/space considerations, it's not always possible. for example i can't regrind a valve seat or do a helicoil, press a balljoint or bush into a control arm, press a bearing onto an axle, so i pay people to do these things, and assemble and tune the rest myself

do as much as you can, rely on other people as little as possible

Ben: Where did you do your course? I did mine at Yeronga, was nowhere near as comprehensive as that... 2 day course, we did a couple of welds, fillets etc. Unfortunately using the industrial sized welder and then the little dinky one at home is quite different... My "good" welds to "bad" welds at TAFE was about 99:1 compared to at home where it's more like 1:99...