Suspension

corbo94

Members dont see this ad
i just want something i can adjust to the height o my car

Shocks don't do that, springs do that. I suppose you want to convert to coilovers, where the spring is mounted over the shock and it has a threaded spring base you can wind up and down.

Not so simple, they will need the body reinforcing to take the stress at the shock mount.

Alternatively, gas shocks will raise your car slightly.

you can physically shorten the height of the shocks

Got a photo? Does the mounting shaft screw into the body or similar and make the fully compressed shock shorter??

That's quite intriguing as I figured a shock came with a certain fixed stroke length from the factory and it didn't matter where it sat at 'normal' height. The BC shocks that came up on Google were really short racing things.

Those coilovers known as a base height adjustable or type 2 adjustable coilovers and the

damper body winds up and down out of the stub at the bottom with a lock ring to secure it.

The damper body is also threaded up higher for the spring perch adjustment but the advantage

is the setup allows you to lower the car while retaining captive springs and full stroke of the

damper if only moderately lowered.

Edited by styler

I've got AE86 BC Racing BR suspension all round. The rear is the easy part; just bolts straight up in less than 20 minutes. Has adjustable spring seats and adjustable height shock tube. The shocks also have 30-way adjustable bump/rebound (not independant though).

The fronts are a bit more involved, because you need AE86 calipers, brackets, rotors, bearings etc. but the KE70 brake lines are a direct fit so at least you don't have to fvck around there.

I bought mine as a set which cost me $1400 on eGay, and I'd recommend them.

• 3 months later...