Track Width

iwontarolla

Hey guys,

Some of you would know I got a minor defect for rims sticking out body work. The cop also made a comment about track being to wide. I went on the dtei website, and the maximum track width is 40mm shorter then the diff width? I'm alittle confused about this, I think I'll end up having to do more guard work. But I'm confused how maximum track is less than started widths. Would be good of any one can clear this up.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

Ask him to explain.. is it his name on the ticket?

no name on ticket, he didn't actually measure because he didn't have a tape measure or the booklet. I'm unsure what to really do at the moment. The rears are in side the guards only issues are going to be the track. The front are only just out so that can be fixed but once again the track is going to be a issue.

I hardly see how it's difficult for anyone, cop or not cop, to measure track; total width across tyres (outside) minus one tyre width. One measurement, one calculation.

But they don't need to; send it to regency, let them worry about it and you're screwed.

0 offset rims mean that the length of the axle = track width.

I got defected in my KE30. After a bit of talking, the officer let me off with a minor defect for track too wide. 13x7 with dish haha.

Put some stocky Celica wheels on and took it to the cop shop. Inspecting officer felt around the wheels to make sure the tyre had tread and wasn't fouling on anything. Walked inside and signed it off.

Don't stress.