August 20, 201214 yr comment_622332 Hey guys, Some of you would know I got a minor defect for rims sticking out body work. The cop also made a comment about track being to wide. I went on the dtei website, and the maximum track width is 40mm shorter then the diff width? I'm alittle confused about this, I think I'll end up having to do more guard work. But I'm confused how maximum track is less than started widths. Would be good of any one can clear this up. Thanks Report
August 20, 201214 yr comment_622334 They calculate track width as overall width on that axle, diff and wheels etc. Edited August 20, 201214 yr by Trev Report
August 20, 201214 yr comment_622353 track is measurement from centre of wheel/tyre to centre of wheel /tyre. your allowed to increase track by 25mm max.. i run 100 mm increased track on my ke70 and have had no issues from the popo .if your wheels poke they will rape you. Report
August 20, 201214 yr comment_622356 I read it as him measuring from the inside to the inside and not centre to centre which is why I said overall. Report
August 20, 201214 yr Author comment_622368 I'm guessing the track width is less then diff width due to the stock rims being + offset by quite alot. I had two comments about track width, I'm going to see if I can get them engineered. Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_622408 Mate I'll be honest; you're going to pay a good amount of money to get it engineered. Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_622417 The cop also made a comment about track being to wide. Ask him to explain.. is it his name on the ticket? Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_622463 no engineer will do a certificate to increase track... thats why everyone does wheel tubs to go large Report
August 21, 201214 yr Author comment_622475 Ask him to explain.. is it his name on the ticket? no name on ticket, he didn't actually measure because he didn't have a tape measure or the booklet. I'm unsure what to really do at the moment. The rears are in side the guards only issues are going to be the track. The front are only just out so that can be fixed but once again the track is going to be a issue. Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_622507 If you are going to run wide wheels you are going to be out of track. Either fit the correct wheels or deal with the heat. I have been reminded twice that our car is out of track but I like it that way naturally so I deal with it. Report
August 21, 201214 yr Author comment_622519 By my understanding even 0 offset rims are over track? Report
August 21, 201214 yr comment_622521 Its about measurement from centre of tyre to centre of tyre. Most 5-0 either don't know how to measure for it or have the book handy. Doesn't mean they won't defect you for it and let regency decide. Track is an instant regency defect also. Report
August 23, 201214 yr comment_622734 I hardly see how it's difficult for anyone, cop or not cop, to measure track; total width across tyres (outside) minus one tyre width. One measurement, one calculation. But they don't need to; send it to regency, let them worry about it and you're screwed. 0 offset rims mean that the length of the axle = track width. Report
August 23, 201214 yr comment_622766 I got defected in my KE30. After a bit of talking, the officer let me off with a minor defect for track too wide. 13x7 with dish haha. Put some stocky Celica wheels on and took it to the cop shop. Inspecting officer felt around the wheels to make sure the tyre had tread and wasn't fouling on anything. Walked inside and signed it off. Don't stress. Report
August 23, 201214 yr Author comment_622802 yea i know how to measure track, but they way i read the laws you can increase it by 20mm. meaning the rear track can be up to 1430, witch is not true. what offset can you run with out braking the law about track? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now