August 23, 201214 yr comment_622805 my 4k has quite a large cam in it, was fun for the first week but when your trying to do 100 up a hill and you have to be in third its not overly fun. Report
August 23, 201214 yr comment_622813 well doing 10k's in 3rd at 6 grand hurts your head after 3 kays haha. Report
August 29, 201214 yr comment_623938 I reckon you want to take into account advertised duration as well as at .050. This pretty much tells you the ramp rate on the cam. The 606 is pretty good for example, I reckon that's what I'll get. A faster opening means that you have the valve more open for longer and as a hell of a lot of flow happens throughout lift, not just at peak lift I think that's desirable. If the motor can handle faster opening then you should do it. Report
August 29, 201214 yr comment_623951 I'd back that- there must be bugger-all flow when the valve is only open a mm or two, so not much happens until its got say 5mm open & from there to 10mm & back is when the work is done. Faster accceleration of the valve certainly stresses components more so I hope the cam cutters know what they're doing. Its a black art when you go into valve shaping and acceleration waves on the cam. Report
August 29, 201214 yr comment_623973 I have the Tighe 104 in my 4k with moderate mods. Its fairly noticable at idle with a decent lump, pretty awful downlow, but you hit about 3500rpm and youre gone, my mates call my car the only NA rolla with turbo lag, it's quite odd. The pickup after 3500rpm really put a smile on my face. I was told by the fella at Tighe (can't remember his name this was years ago) that i would have to change my valve spings as the lift is over 400 thou. I didn't. It seems to be working well but i'm waiting for a spring to snap or something. This might be something to keep in mind for large cam change outs. hope that was helpful haha EDIT: The guys at Tighe were super helpful too, and the shipping was fast. Thought id add that in. Edited August 29, 201214 yr by RainWarriorDregs Report
August 31, 201214 yr Author comment_624266 yeah mate all is helpfull. thanks for the replies makes it easier for me to get my grind done. cheers all Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now