Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 - Turbocharged 3K Build - Now Ke30 Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Author

Its not quite double as you have other considerations you need to look at such as ineffiencies of the turbos and what not. Even the back pressure of the exhaust creates a heap of issues... That being said, luckily for us, we can just wind the boost up :) i worked out 26PSI required i think (purely theory tho...).

 

It will be interesting to see what the head can actually flow. This thing is so stupidly modified, it has 32 + 40mm ports in it. Compare that to the (25 + 29 X 2) for a 4AGE, its not that far off.

 

Exhaust:

4AGE = 25mm = 2.5cm = 4.90cm squared X2 = 9.8cm Squared.

modifed 3K = 32mm = 3.2cm = 8.05 cm Squared.

 

Inlet:

4AGE = 29.5 = 2.95cm = 6.83cm Squared X2 = 13.66cm Squared

Modifed 3k = 40 = 4.0 = 12.56cm Squared.

 

No body would question the flow of a boosted 4age for 300Hp, and (by valve size at least) its not so far off... I do believe that the head inlet and exhaust tracks will need a shite load of work, which they already have. i need to strip the head and do more modifications anyway, so i will measure everything up then...

  • Replies 86
  • Views 87.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Oh, BTW, donor engine + block gets stripped this afternoon and cleaning and so on beggins this weekend... (i think i might even have a pass from the MRS!!!)

I do quite enjoy seeing both yours and altezzaclubs posts on here.

 

Mostly because to back up a statement you two post up intricate calculations to try and prove your point while I sit here looking at them like wtf?

 

This does look to be a fairly nuts build and i look forward to seeing it unfold, I've heard the old the head won't flow more than 160rwkw remarks, which I believe to be partially true but if you can prove otherwise than that would be great, I'm sure I'm not the only who'd like to see how far you can take this.

I'm also of the opinion that 300 is probably a little enthusiastic for a 3k. 25psi will get around 150-160rwkw..... And that's really about all the head will flow. Just because your maths says 50% more pressure will give Xrwkw doesn't mean it works in reality.

 

Remember when comparing the 3k to a 4age that the 4age is also cross flow!

 

I'd still like to see you price me wrong though.

 

Thought about cam specs to achieve 10k rpm? And lobe seperation?

He did say 300HP = 145kw....so targets seem achievable of everyone is talking about 160rwkw...following this one...

 

Good luck

  • Author

Sorry to say bowler (especially when you're backing me up!!!) but 300hp is somewhere around 220ish KW. So accounting for transmission loss, it would be180 rwkw or most probably a little closer to 190rwkw.

 

I'm totally not going against anyone's opinion here and they're welcome. That was my ambititous target, and you need to have something to aim for!!!

 

I'm sure with enough boost and e85 you could move the world, but I take it that past a certain point, it just would no longer to 'efficienct'. Anyway, let's see how we get on!

 

Engine has got all the ancillaries removed, ready form stripping tomorrow.

 

Quick edit: 160rwkw is going to be fun anyway!!!' ;)

Edited by RO78IN

I'm also of the opinion that 300 is probably a little enthusiastic for a 3k. 25psi will get around 150-160rwkw..... And that's really about all the head will flow. Just because your maths says 50% more pressure will give Xrwkw doesn't mean it works in reality.

 

Remember when comparing the 3k to a 4age that the 4age is also cross flow!

 

I'd still like to see you price me wrong though.

 

Thought about cam specs to achieve 10k rpm? And lobe seperation?

 

A stock 4k will go to 8300 we found out! Didn't blow a headgasket or anything, sounded pretty bad but.

I read with interest, and I wish you all the best with your engine build

Oh yeah I'm not saying it'd last because I reckon another 10 seconds and it would have ended pretty abruptly, but I mean I reckon with enough thought and if its built for it those kind of revs would be achievable

  • Author

I'll have to post picks of the head set up, it's pretty extreme... Huge valves, heaps of porting, quite large double valve springs...

 

It's a fair point though, I think we might have to look into light weight / super strong push rods. I'd imagine that really, with the rocker arm and push rod, those valve springs have a lot to do... Anyway, where there's the will, there's a way

Another watching with interest. I'd be keen to see how you're intending to get it to survive over 10k, I don't think I've heard of it being done before?

I'll have to post picks of the head set up, it's pretty extreme... Huge valves, heaps of porting, quite large double valve springs...

 

It's a fair point though, I think we might have to look into light weight / super strong push rods. I'd imagine that really, with the rocker arm and push rod, those valve springs have a lot to do... Anyway, where there's the will, there's a way

 

I've got tomei chrome moly push rods in mine, surely you could shorten some of those for the 3k. A12 rods btw.

He did say 300HP = 145kw....so targets seem achievable of everyone is talking about 160rwkw...following this one...

 

Good luck

Sorry to say bowler (especially when you're backing me up!!!) but 300hp is somewhere around 220ish KW. So accounting for transmission loss, it would be180 rwkw or most probably a little closer to 190rwkw.

 

I'm totally not going against anyone's opinion here and they're welcome. That was my ambititous target, and you need to have something to aim for!!!

 

I'm sure with enough boost and e85 you could move the world, but I take it that past a certain point, it just would no longer to 'efficienct'. Anyway, let's see how we get on!

 

Engine has got all the ancillaries removed, ready form stripping tomorrow.

 

Quick edit: 160rwkw is going to be fun anyway!!!' ;)

 

You are correct...and I stand corrected...My excuse is - it was 'late' on a friday night, after a massive week lol...

Edited by Bowler

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.