Ke70 - Turbocharged 3K Build - Now Ke30 Coupe

RO78IN

Its not quite double as you have other considerations you need to look at such as ineffiencies of the turbos and what not. Even the back pressure of the exhaust creates a heap of issues... That being said, luckily for us, we can just wind the boost up :) i worked out 26PSI required i think (purely theory tho...).

It will be interesting to see what the head can actually flow. This thing is so stupidly modified, it has 32 + 40mm ports in it. Compare that to the (25 + 29 X 2) for a 4AGE, its not that far off.

Exhaust:

4AGE = 25mm = 2.5cm = 4.90cm squared X2 = 9.8cm Squared.

modifed 3K = 32mm = 3.2cm = 8.05 cm Squared.

Inlet:

4AGE = 29.5 = 2.95cm = 6.83cm Squared X2 = 13.66cm Squared

Modifed 3k = 40 = 4.0 = 12.56cm Squared.

No body would question the flow of a boosted 4age for 300Hp, and (by valve size at least) its not so far off... I do believe that the head inlet and exhaust tracks will need a shite load of work, which they already have. i need to strip the head and do more modifications anyway, so i will measure everything up then...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do quite enjoy seeing both yours and altezzaclubs posts on here.

Mostly because to back up a statement you two post up intricate calculations to try and prove your point while I sit here looking at them like wtf?

This does look to be a fairly nuts build and i look forward to seeing it unfold, I've heard the old the head won't flow more than 160rwkw remarks, which I believe to be partially true but if you can prove otherwise than that would be great, I'm sure I'm not the only who'd like to see how far you can take this.

I'm also of the opinion that 300 is probably a little enthusiastic for a 3k. 25psi will get around 150-160rwkw..... And that's really about all the head will flow. Just because your maths says 50% more pressure will give Xrwkw doesn't mean it works in reality.

Remember when comparing the 3k to a 4age that the 4age is also cross flow!

I'd still like to see you price me wrong though.

Thought about cam specs to achieve 10k rpm? And lobe seperation?

Sorry to say bowler (especially when you're backing me up!!!) but 300hp is somewhere around 220ish KW. So accounting for transmission loss, it would be180 rwkw or most probably a little closer to 190rwkw.

I'm totally not going against anyone's opinion here and they're welcome. That was my ambititous target, and you need to have something to aim for!!!

I'm sure with enough boost and e85 you could move the world, but I take it that past a certain point, it just would no longer to 'efficienct'. Anyway, let's see how we get on!

Engine has got all the ancillaries removed, ready form stripping tomorrow.

Quick edit: 160rwkw is going to be fun anyway!!!' ;)

Edited by RO78IN

I'm also of the opinion that 300 is probably a little enthusiastic for a 3k. 25psi will get around 150-160rwkw..... And that's really about all the head will flow. Just because your maths says 50% more pressure will give Xrwkw doesn't mean it works in reality.

Remember when comparing the 3k to a 4age that the 4age is also cross flow!

I'd still like to see you price me wrong though.

Thought about cam specs to achieve 10k rpm? And lobe seperation?

A stock 4k will go to 8300 we found out! Didn't blow a headgasket or anything, sounded pretty bad but.

I'll have to post picks of the head set up, it's pretty extreme... Huge valves, heaps of porting, quite large double valve springs...

It's a fair point though, I think we might have to look into light weight / super strong push rods. I'd imagine that really, with the rocker arm and push rod, those valve springs have a lot to do... Anyway, where there's the will, there's a way

I'll have to post picks of the head set up, it's pretty extreme... Huge valves, heaps of porting, quite large double valve springs...

It's a fair point though, I think we might have to look into light weight / super strong push rods. I'd imagine that really, with the rocker arm and push rod, those valve springs have a lot to do... Anyway, where there's the will, there's a way

I've got tomei chrome moly push rods in mine, surely you could shorten some of those for the 3k. A12 rods btw.

He did say 300HP = 145kw....so targets seem achievable of everyone is talking about 160rwkw...following this one...

Good luck

Sorry to say bowler (especially when you're backing me up!!!) but 300hp is somewhere around 220ish KW. So accounting for transmission loss, it would be180 rwkw or most probably a little closer to 190rwkw.

I'm totally not going against anyone's opinion here and they're welcome. That was my ambititous target, and you need to have something to aim for!!!

I'm sure with enough boost and e85 you could move the world, but I take it that past a certain point, it just would no longer to 'efficienct'. Anyway, let's see how we get on!

Engine has got all the ancillaries removed, ready form stripping tomorrow.

Quick edit: 160rwkw is going to be fun anyway!!!' ;)

You are correct...and I stand corrected...My excuse is - it was 'late' on a friday night, after a massive week lol...

Edited by Bowler