October 23, 201213 yr comment_633210 Where can i find or can somebody help me with an engine number. The cylinder head has the number "4" stamped on it and the block has the number "569018" The engine is in a Corolla Ke10, witch i always thought had the original K engine. But i was apparently wrong. :D Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_633215 above the oil filter on the block. on the flat bit the green arrows pointing at Report
October 23, 201213 yr Author comment_633229 Yes i now where to find the number, and i posted it already, but can anybody tell me what the numbers mean?? Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_633233 Where can i find Just answering what you asked. the number on the block should have a number then a 'K' then a few more numbers. The first number denotes what kind of K motor. The rest are just ID numbers. IE : 4K 123456 = 4K engine. Example the number on my 5K engine Edited October 23, 201213 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
October 23, 201213 yr Author comment_633236 Yes it is a 4K, but can you tell when the engine is made from the rest of the numbers?? Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_633241 Why didnt you just ask that in the first place? Going around in circles here. You can maybe find out what kind of car the engine was registered in by going to your local rego place and back tracing it. I doubt there is a data base to find out. Edited October 23, 201213 yr by B.L.Z.BUB Report
October 23, 201213 yr Author comment_633242 My english may not be so proper ´couse I'm not coming from an english speaking country, I'm sorry if my grammar confused you. Edited October 23, 201213 yr by Theflyingfinn Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_633243 No. It is an engine identification number, it identifies the engine like a finger print. They have no other intrinsic values or meaning. Report
October 23, 201213 yr comment_633294 Well, your Englsh is much better than my Finnish! I assume Toyota started off with 4K #1 and went to 4K #999999 in numerical order, its not like chassis numbers in newer cars which are all in codes. So you know that 4K 33586 is an older engine than 4K 189776, but you don't know how many Km they have done. Report
October 24, 201213 yr comment_633400 above the oil filter on the block. on the flat bit the green arrows pointing at I swear to god that arrow is yellow. anyone else? Report
October 25, 201213 yr comment_633525 I swear to god that arrow is yellow. anyone else? definately green.... Report
October 25, 201213 yr comment_633528 I swear to god that arrow is yellow. anyone else? Looks like yellow to me, but I'm colour blind so what I say about colours means nothing haha. Report
October 28, 201213 yr Author comment_634003 Well, your Englsh is much better than my Finnish! I assume Toyota started off with 4K #1 and went to 4K #999999 in numerical order, its not like chassis numbers in newer cars which are all in codes. So you know that 4K 33586 is an older engine than 4K 189776, but you don't know how many Km they have done. Now thats what i wanted to know. Thank you. But i already took the cylinder head of and it´s a dish piston engine (D-shaped dish). The funny thing is that it has the original K (1077cc) exhaust manifold, so it´s kinda choking the power. Report
October 28, 201213 yr comment_634005 Sounds to me the original motor packed it up and someone put a 4k in with all the original auxiliary bits. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now