My Ke

Willacy70

Just though I would make this thread to share my car with everyone. A couple of months ago I purchased my first car after searching for a while. It seems to be a very honest car with minimal rust and a few modifications. I plan to keep the car as a daily for now and just tidy it up a bit, maybe lower the back a little and add a few of my own touches to the car.

So, the specs

Engine

4A-C backed by a t50, mild cam, mild head work, re jetted carby, extractors and 2inch exhaust, extreme clutch, short shifter

Suspension

low king springs all round, short stroke shocks, whiteline front and rear sway bars and adjustable panhard, front strut brace, cusco castor brace

Interior

R32 front seats, luisi wheel, Venetians

Exterior

MA61's, flat front with quads, T18 front and rear bars, DX tail lights

Some pics,

621667_495341800477714_1679374813_o_zpsc1f2edf4.jpg

325385_495341470477747_1712944868_o_zps009fe537.jpg

IMAG0991_zpsa98b3e48.jpg

IMAG1074_zps9a7ab1d5.jpg

IMAG1045_zps0ee26d42.jpg

let me know what you think !

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

This week marks 3 short months of owning the car. It seems i have become quite attached to it. With uni finished for the year i have had a bit of spare time to do the odd thing here and there. once again just small things have happened.

Painted the windscreen wipers as well as a bunch of other things

IMAG1266.jpg

IMAG1393.jpg

finally got around to repairing the rust in bottom of the boot, used a combination of metal tech body filler and body deadener as the holes were not overly big

IMAG1312.jpg

IMAG1313-1.jpg

IMAG1292.jpg

IMAG1339.jpg

Added carpet

IMAG1141-1.jpg

chilled

277743_3698511551250_1197621981_o.jpg

Attached cheap ebay lip

IMAG1350-1-1.jpg

Hope to get a bit more done before christmas and In the coming weeks more rust repairs in the guards and around the boot seal.

Looks great, good motivation to clean up my MA61's!

Do it, MA's are such a good wheel for the money. Light, decent width & offset, sit nice without flared guards and above all they don't look bad either. by the way, i love your car

wow looks very clean. top job

thanks

This car is seriously nice, Keep it as it is!

As others have said, very very nice car mate!

it is the little things that make a car look good. Even those painted windscreen wipers make the car look 100x better.

the 4ac is very underated, i bet with those mods it has some get up and go to it!

Thanks guys. The 4ac does well even though it needs a tune some other tweaks for it to be 100%. its not the quickest car but it is fast compared to a 4k powered vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...

So its been a while since my last post and i've got a few more little things done on my car. With the help of a mate i changed the oil and found it was filled with metal, the engine was supposedly rebuilt not long ago so i'm not really sure what to think. I also checked the plugs and found only one of them was fouled so not really sure what's going on there either. Started to tackle some of the rust around the boot seal. It's currently in primer as I still need to purchase paint, (anyone know what colour my car could be, I'm pretty sure the paint code is AA). I also installed the head unit my parents got me for Christmas which also come with a matched pair of 6.5" speakers. Other then that just been making use of this perfect weather and cruising with mates.

more engine bay tidy up

IMAG1508_zpsf65748fe.jpg

rust spots

IMAG1428_zpsefd05393.jpg

IMAG1427_zpsf280afa1.jpg

repairs

IMAG1476_zps93c6c448.jpg

IMAG1475_zpsb33f927a.jpg

Alpine, keeping in the blue colour scheem

IMAG1579_zpsf8ce5f84.jpg

And finally, a decent photo of my car with a decent camera

IMG_6451_zps0e7ce499.jpg

enjoy!

Such a tidy clean car, good height for a daily too. I it were mine and I were to do one thing it would be painting the inserts of the headlight surrounds black as the chrome stands out too much. You're lucky to find one with such minimal rust. Keep it clean and enjoy :)

Such a tidy clean car, good height for a daily too. I it were mine and I were to do one thing it would be painting the inserts of the headlight surrounds black as the chrome stands out too much. You're lucky to find one with such minimal rust. Keep it clean and enjoy :)

I have to agree with you on that one, been thinking about doing it ever since getting the car but never really got around to it. As for the height, a part of me wants it to be lower but another part of me likes it as is.