nerfbat

Members dont see this ad

148630_4700634205599_330850066_n.jpg

fuel pump wire

removed rear seats.

gonna make her a 2door

watch this space, got plans ya'all

524873_4700645765888_1488086582_n.jpg

wondered why the bonnet catch was zip tied...

gotta 'easy out' the bonnet catch bolts and replace them...

on a happier note, the AE82 O2 sensor fit, and what was funny, the original must have not been plugged in, as, after i bunged up the exhaust hole with the sensor, i went looking whre to plug it

found the right plug zip tied hard against the rest of the loom on the inlet side...

it actually idles at aroung 1k now, without the TPS wired up(next job on the list)

S14 mate...

that was another debacle..

only the front 2 bolts were done, so i had to make up brackets to extend the outer rear mount point so it was safe.

the inner mount point, i found a longer bolt and made it mount to the old Seatbelt mount in the trans tunnel. still sit low and sorta ok. at least its firm now

apologies if i don't come across sane, atm. when sht started looking good, i opened a bottle of home brew to celebrate. needless to say, i am still celebrating

Edited by nerfbat

my cousin saw the pics on facebook, and his comment was "dammn bro, did you buy this thing at Harlo or what?"

Harlo being short for Harlaxton, where we grew up, sorta like Logan, or Goodna.

you would see broken down cars dumped all over the place

lol, it is always about 'what people hear', I grew up there and if I thought it was bad then I wouldn't send my kids to the school there.

agreed Trev, just like Harlaxton.

sure it had its rough times, etc and i was bashed by the Murrays growing up(it was why i got tattoos at a young age, to bluff them. regret having any now)

but it was fine once you learnt your place, and knew the people. I'm sure a 'tourist' might find it scary or dodgy. but it, like Goodna to you i assume, was my home as a kid, and it made me who i am

we used to kick ass in rugby league..! lol

as for the car, i have been getting some interesting pms and facebook msgs RE this beast, from both sides of the fence.

i will say this, if i was either Luke or Kyle, my conscience wouldnt have let me sell it as it was, literally a death trap.

lucky i assumed, rightly, there was something bad, and drove accordingly.

TBH, i should have pulled over, even in the rain, and left it there for him to take back, or towed it home.

i now don't care, the onus was on me to make sure it was ok, at trade.

so its on me

will now move on, and make it the car it should have been

watch this space

Mate,these guys have rightly screwed you solid to the floor and ought to be totally disgusted regards their behaviour and conscience,however' I have to say that I admire you for your "cop it on the chin"and get on with it attitude.I gather that once upon a time this was a really well built car but has been screwed with by later owners,I am sure that by the sound of it things will be back to good shape in no time. Good Luck!

Thanks for the encouragement, Pete..!

it feels to me, like they got all the good bits, but were in a rush to get her going, to see the 4age in there, and did it with plans to tidy it all up after it was running.

but for some reason unknown to me, they didnt finish or tidy it up, then on sold it?

if that makes sense?