Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

Nah, just shitty old retreads. Were not man enough for the job. Ask Batch about what happens when you run Formula Ford tyres, really really stiff rear springs on a KE25 and add a concrete surface ;) He probably wont tell you that the rear tyres jumped about a foot in the air when he grabbed the hand brake. He spent a bit of time flipping most of his rear leaves the right way up after that...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lolcry:

I'll make sure I ask him about this next time I see him. Speaking of Batch, a few of us in the VMC were thinking of getting some t-shirts made up saying "I just want to beat Batch", can I put you down for one? We were also thinking of getting him one that says "I'm Batch". :D

Nice work, I'm not that talented however :P

On tarmac in his Roadster he beats me, no question, for now. Once the new engine goes in & I maybe throw some semi-slicks on the front, it could be more interesting. On dirt however *cough* tandem straight slalom at practice day *cough* it's a different story. So that makes three of those shirts, four if I order one in advance for me...

Edit: Hopefully we will have another Rollaclub member *cough* kickn5k, webers4x48 *cough* out at Sandown on June the 23rd for Round 5 of the VMC. This round was to be held at the DECA grounds in Shepparton but has been relocated to Sandown because reasons. Must remember to fit that front swaybar so I can get two wheels off the ground instead of just one this time. I'll have a link up to the Entry Forms/Supp Regs as soon as I have them.

Edited by carbonboy

• 2 weeks later...

The results came in from Round 4 at Sandown, I finished 7th of 14 in Class A, 25th of 40 Outright & beat a new-ish Peugeot 206 to take out the Novice Class. I did manage to clock faster times than Batch in the first two tests, but he had a good run from there & finished 13th Outright. I'll work on it, that was my first time on tarmac where he seems to have a pretty good feel for his Roadster now. (Please note: this isn't a serious thing, just good-natured competition & most importantly, FUN for me)

Made the mistake of looking at the time sheets at the event...got talking with the owner of the Mini (running semi-slicks) who regularly wins Class A (& sometimes beats the specials outright) & we noticed I'd beaten him by 0.05 of a second on the first test. Had a bit of a laugh about it, the next seven tests he beat me by between 4.0 & 6.0 seconds, #owned anyone? :)

Funny you guys mention that, ol' mate MH in his Civic tried it in Round 1, he got a polite but firm "please explain" from the VMC Committee. I believe the ruling is you're ineligible for Novice Class if you have ever accumulated points in the VMC previously. :)

MH, being another of my groomsmen at my wedding, would have been under the impression that there was a time limit. Back in the day, if you hadn't scored VMS point in the preceding six (ten?) years, you would be eligible for novice again. I'm working on the same premise in my previous comment. They must have changed it to prevent people like Col, Maurie and myself coming back and "burgalling" the class. :)

I have accumulated the odd VMS point in the past.

Edited by Redwarf

I was chatting with him at Sandown (the t-shirts were his idea) about it, he was under the impression that there was still a time limit, so he thought "what the hell, why not?". He'd been out of things for a few years & had switched clubs from Toyota to Honda in that time, I don't blame him, heck I probably would've tried it too! I'm pretty sure that's exactly the reason they changed things, to stop people who've been out of the game for a bit just coming back & mauling poor noobs like myself. Will find out exactly what the rule is now that my curiosity is piqued.

Don't you mean you've accumulated the odd VMS Trophy in the past? :P

I was around when Brian Shanahan was at the height of his powers. I came second in class to him at least three times, possibly as many as five times. A couple of years it was only by a point. :(

Got more than one round trophy, but never took home the season.

Edited by Redwarf

Ahh, I hadn't done my homework & got the impression that Mr Dwarf cleaned up all the time, sorry to have brought that up. :(

I did some homework & found this, a few familiar names (even for me) in there: http://www.motorkhan...l_Placings.xlsx . Don't worry Colin, once I'm out of Novice I won't be winning Class A anytime soon, not only is there MH & his Civic to beat first, there's a Mini or three & a quiet looking older gentleman who flings an '80's Golf around like there's no tomorrow.