Raven's Ke36 Panel Van

Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so that gearbox is no good. But I've been getting idea's on painting it up.....

post-600-1175619082_thumb.jpg

Might have to crack out a heap of pressure packs and spray it once the rust is cut out and dents are fixed....

• 1 month later...

So comes the fun part. Mr CD_Rollaman and I pulled the gearbox out, and swapped over the flywheel and bolted the clutch back on today. Getting the KE70 5 Speed tomorrow and swapping the extension housings over so its in the factory location and bolting the box back in tomorrow night.

So it effectively SHOULD be on the road next week, providing the clutch system works like its supposed to.

Today was spent removing the 5 speed from Valandor's Mrs KE70 and fitting up the 4 speed to it.

Then I got back here and swapped the extension housings over. So I can safely say that yes, it was easy as and yes, I did take camera phone pictures (well, Nays did) of the whole process, which I'll upload to the wiki at a later date.

F**K!

It STILL doesn't engage gears properly!

I'm starting to think I have a faulty clutch as I've changed the flywheel to a stock item and the gearbox has now been swapped over. The only thing I havent changed is the damn clutch assembly and thats brand new.

Unfortunately the wanker who "scrapped" my previous motor and gearbox also decided to throw out the clutch box and receipts.

Might see if I can fit a stock pressure plate. Hopefully that works.

Edited by Raven

So its been decided.

The KE25 will get its clutch removed (cos I know it works) and I'll clean up the pressure plate and put that in the KE36 along with the 5 Speed.

Doing that this coming Friday. Fingers crossed people!

Its all good CD. Lucky I didn't charge you 5 bucks for a re-organising fee :S

Change of plans again. Robert (being the kind person that he is), is supplying me with a heavy duty clutch pressure plate tomorrow. So will update this on Friday!

So last night Robert dropped off a spare Pressure Plate for me, which means that I wont have to rape the coupe for its clutch.

Fingers crossed this bastard works, or I'm gonna cry uncontrollably :y: