Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

Featured Replies

Don't you love it when something you built works? Its a great feeling.

  • Replies 539
  • Views 393.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • EDIT: No furry woodland creatures were harmed in the making of these videos...

  • haha fixed!!

  • The moment of truth.     The sound.....oh my.....the sound!     I don't think I could be much happier with the outcome today, A ) it didn't blow up & B ) she's running healthy. Air:fu

Posted Images

  • Author

It's seriously an awesome feeling, I certainly don't regard myself as some sort of engine guru (I did follow step by step instructions after all), but it is the most complex thing I've ever put together.

 

Finally pulled my finger out & installed the castor bushes on the front control arms & a set of camber bolts in the rear hubs. Currently repairing a stripped thread on the front swaybar mount so haven't 'tested' the new handling traits just yet.

 

post-5437-0-91237200-1406540315_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

With TCCAV's Winterfest event on in just 10 more days, am scrambling to get some changes done in time. I'm going to be a tease & not mention what they are, only that I think they will be worthwhile. ;)

Hectik JDM stance?? Haha

  • Author

So, may I present to you all, Blue Things Winterfest makeover. Now rolling on Enkei Aeronautics, 14" x 6" +38, causes random Commodore drivers to honk their horn at you & give vigorous thumbs-up while on the freeway. :)

 

post-5437-0-01129600-1408311768_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Cheers guys, glad you like it, brightens up a gloomy Winter somewhat.

 

Just chillin' with some fellow Corollas.

 

post-5437-0-23114800-1408335030_thumb.jpg

 

Edit: Just noticed in the first photo, I seem to be parked next to the S800 quite a lot at events, not deliberately either. :hmm:

Edited by carbonboy

  • Author

A couple more photos taken over the past week.

 

post-5437-0-31897200-1408762031_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-22652700-1408761958_thumb.jpg

Edited by carbonboy

  • Author

I spent last Saturday afternoon/evening & ALL of Sunday trying to get the carburetors in sync. Went through about 25L of petrol in the process, but no luck. I could get 1, 2 & 3 all good but number 4 just didn't want to play ball. Found out why this afternoon.

 

post-5437-0-58350600-1409304011_thumb.jpg

 

Obviously I stuffed it installing the manifold, which was sometime around February & the manifold hasn't been off since. :blush:

 

Installed a new gasket, haven't tuned it yet but the difference.....oh my! :)

  • Author

Managed to get the carbs in sync & then advanced the timing/changed the curve to suit. Running at 13° btdc at idle (~1,000 rpm) & curving upwards at 1,500 rpm to a maximum of 35° btdc at 4,000 rpm. Goes nicely, will post video when I can.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.