Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. NEWS FLASH!!!!

Just bought a ke55 with a 13b.

As you do.

Should be freighted with in a fortnight.

Good news is I've secured my workplace workshop with three phase mig and hardcore compressor and tools to continue working on my project.

Yippee!

Ok. NEWS FLASH!!!!

Just bought a ke55 with a 13b.

As you do.

Should be freighted with in a fortnight.

Good news is I've secured my workplace workshop with three phase mig and hardcore compressor and tools to continue working on my project.

Yippee!

Hey, I've been following this build for a while now. Looks like a lot of fun and I love the bare metal idea.

Re. club rego, not sure about laws there, but I know in SA it must be completely stock to get historic club rego.

Other option is hot rod rego, but I think te car must be pre-1970.

Would be a good idea to contact a local club and find out what the go is.

Cheers and thanks Simon. Turns out you can only drive on club events. Forget it. Once a week when I want thank you very much.

I bought a shrinker stretcher to help me make patch panels. So now that the garage is tidied up after all the paint removal I can begin to cut out the rust and pump out the p. panels. Then I can trailer it in to work and mig them in hopefully in a day and bring her back home for a final rubdown.

On top of which I'm thinking of swapping in the 4k and five speed into the black car, regoing it and selling it and putting the 13b into the bare metal toyrotor japanese mopar ratrod mullet mobile!

So physically I over five tons today, but fortunately two tons of it was scrap to the recyclers, so $2500 later I'm on the home straight to paying of the new project.

If I'm lucky I will beat out the other guard tomorrow but being a big week, well I will forgive yself if I have a glass of wine or box and sit back and gloat.

I was very excited to get back to some quarter bashing si u can move on to sorting out grills and my dual light mockup. I got stuck in to it for an hour and worked on both, fine tuning it. If my bodywork was more experienced then I'd hydrodip the flame job on the quarters and bonnet but such is life.

I sold my turbo 323 and a turbo hybrid I'd had engineered And with the $2500 I got In scrap metal yesterday I'm getting close to paying of the 4.5K for the 13B car coming.

I called hoppers stoppers and was quoted $1200 for upgrade front discs for the 13B unless some one knows a better deal.

I

Took the cutting wheel to the car today and leveled some bubbling rust and cut around the rear drivers wheel arch. More like a wheel ache.

Still can't decide on whether to fill holes in with a mig, braze or lead fill. Or just chop and patch.

Took the door hinges and bumper mounts out of the caustic dip, gave them a gernie and put them in again.

Later today I plan to get some wd40 and go over her with a douse in preparation for a 1000 grit wet and dry with vegetable oil.

I get the strong impression I'm going to need several orbital sanders to complete the car.

Thanks to the previous bog job done on the car I have a plethora of grinder marks to buff out.

Inn the photo above you can see I've removed the scratches after an hour of elbow grease and plenty of 150 grit.