Motorsport.

Motorsport.  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was inspired to create this thread after reading KE-3.8L's comment about Rollaclub being a drift orientated forum... I made the comment that only a minority of us were actually involved in drift, and another member said that alot of us were involved in rally/motorkhana. Hence this poll.

Please vote for what aspects of motorsport you are involved in, will help me compile what the majority of Rollaclub is actually about :), and please don't turn this thread into a bullshit thread like.

Have a nice day.

Dan.

EDIT: Yes, there is a flaw in the poll. You cannot vote more than once... so please just vote what the main area of your motorsport diet is :). Thanks.

Edited by Dan

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the first comment was made about drift orientated it got me puzzled, most of the comments ive read are anti-drift then pro drift, theres only a few of us on here that like drift.

Wheres the option for all of the above? I clicked "enjoying car" as with the mr2 I'm yet to do proper drag day/show etc. The rolla will be a event whore and i'll attempt as much as i can afford/time allows.

I thought this was mainly a poopy k motor forum!

Lol, as for me its drift but then again ive been involved in drag/curcuit/show so how does that stack up?

Aside from that, how the heck did ke 3.8 get the funny idea that corollas DrIfT?

Haha, does say something about it, doesn't it. Lol, good point, i should of made an option of just 'hoon' haha, suppose traffic light races and Maccas tray burnouts would count under that...

But of course, none of the Rollaclub community are hoons, are we :)

i think the sport of drift is a unique; but its just a spawned version of rally driving on a singular set environment. Personally, i think rally driving demands so much more than your odd drift brother; simply because you can learn a drift track, and see whats up front.. Rally drivers usually don't know & / or can't see the next corner :y:

Its a shame a large chunk of the population, called drifters are stuck up Noobs, that don't want to know you, but with small percentage (Eg. Paul ~ AKA Mumblez) - of guys that are such good drivers, and top blokes.

Go to rally for example, and its the other way around. Guys like :wink:, TRD Brothers and Dat Girl / Both's -> are an awesome bunch, who will happily help out where ever they can, even in the extremes of mid-competition !

:y:

I thought I'd better put my hand up to represent the circuit racers we have on here. I circuit race once a month (when the car's running), and have gone in the annual Rejex Rally (a motorkhana) since 2001. I have also been in a couple of other motorkhanas here and there and have even organised a (very small) RollaClub NT motorkhana in the past.

As for RollaClub being a drift forum: BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Yes there are a few drifters on here, and more power to them. I personally am not into watching drifting, and definitely don't have the skill to try it yet, but don't assume I'm completely anti-drifting. I'd welcome people to RollaClub regardless of what form of motorsport or car-activity they prefer, so long as it's not destruction derbies. Although, sometimes it seems that drifting is pretty close to a destruction derby with the number of times people clip walls.

Drift is cool. Most drifters are uncool.

I've noticed in alot of the other sports that are mentioned in the poll that members will welcome you and help you in whatever way that they can... I think that is pretty good. From what I've heard, drift is completely opposite to this.

That said, I enjoy drifting. Perhaps not to the level that most drifters go to, but I love just flogging a car around a paddock or car park sideways... certain thrill that goes with it (especially when theres a car right ahead of you, which you are almost certain to hit... :wink:)