LittleRedSpirit

Ra65 St Coupe

Photobucket has stabbed me in the anus.

I just bought some koni yellows for this.  Soon it will have them and some kyb rally shocks in the back since they are better off there than on the shelf.

Members dont see this ad

Re sealed the top cover since the seals were shot.  Ordered a new pcv and a new grommet for it.  Was pretty thrilled at how nice the engine looked inside.  No sludeg or corroded cam lobes.  Just healthy looking overall.  Im going to get a manual and check the valves at some point.  Running fine though.

20171111_121128[1].jpg

20171111_121159[1].jpg

20171111_121154[1].jpg

20171111_130544[1].jpg

Odd occurence yesterday.

Didnt quite start on the key so i jumped it off the sprinter.

Drove fine all day, started on the key while out and was all fine, however on the drive home from my mates place the charge light was pulsing and the voltage was dropping to around 9 volts at idle on the voltmeter, and would rev up to about 10 volts as you increased rpms.  Unsure whats up with it, maybe jumping it fried something.  I've never had an issue before like this.  Car drove good but I was wondering if it was charging the battery or if it was slowly running it down.

Stereo was turning itself on and off and the dash lights were browning out at the same time.

Went flawlessly until about 10 minutes from home, and its got me baffled.  Might read the efi manual today and see whats up.

Any ideas rollaclub?

Alternator regulator  playing games?

9v is very low.  Is the alternator  charging?

Or a cell in the battery is starting to bridge internally.

Edited by ke70dave

Showed 12v on battery this morning but wouldn't turn it over.

7.5 amp charge fuse looked very old and had surface oxidisation so I put in a new one.

Put it on the charger and it declared the battery ok and started to charge.  Just waiting for it to top it up fully and I think it will start fine, but just not charge the battery as it goes.

Belt is on as it should be and the connections electrically are tight.EFI manual wasnt much help with charge issues.

Probably just an alernator issue.  It was a reco one I only put on 2 years and 5000ks ago.

Dunno exactly what helped but the car started with a full battery, showed no charge light and showed about 13.5 volts as you would expect.  Dunno what was the exact cause, possibly that 33 year old fuse that I changed was causing it to brown out.  I really dont know.  See how it goes but for now it seems fine.