Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ra65 St Coupe

Featured Replies

Did you get the A/C fixed?

If not, give me a yell.

i now have all the gear, seals,oil, recovery system and gas which is HFC direct replacement for R12 and 134A.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 233.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I have the molds here if you ever decide you want a rally replica. Looks like a very nice ra65 and the coupe is getting very rare to find.

  • Holy shit those wheels are ace!

  • Did you get the A/C fixed? If not, give me a yell. i now have all the gear, seals,oil, recovery system and gas which is HFC direct replacement for R12 and 134A.

Posted Images

can do, how big a leak does it have?

The gas i use also has the die in it too.

Would make it easier to find if it has a leak.

Edited by TRD ke70

if the system drops below 50psi it won't work, they have a Hi/Lo switch in them.

Too low on gas they won't come on, if you can find the switch, bypass it, if the pump comes on that's the problem, no/ gas. Just don't leave it on for long.

Happy to take a look and see if we can fix it.

  • 8 months later...
  • Author

Still driving this beautiful vehicle. I'm tossing up 2 long term ideas. Obviously all my spirited driving needs are going to be sorted by the 2az ae86 when its on the road in the not too distant future, so the question becomes, do I sell the Celica and move on or do I keep it, get a few miles out of the 22re engine and then switch it to something else. I could picture this car with a Beams or a 4 litre hilux v6 some day, but with the car in such good order its hard to really do much to it. Ideas? Suggestions? I don't want to give it away if I sell it, and most people try to convince me its worth under 2 grand, which I don't believe. Its tempting to keep it, put in a lexus lsd, some konis, a manual box and just drive it forever. I just don't know how many cars I can drive or will bother to register at once. From experience a third car rarely gets used between the work ute and the preferred daily. The only question is whether the 2az car will end up track only in the future and the celica might become the daily again.

  • Author

Today I showed her some love. I finally had the headers fitted. At the same time I had them fit a bung for the wideband so I can fit that to it and find the optimum setting on the afm spring. Also will help with tuning the car if I cam it up. I have had a fair few hours driving on the car today and I must say I am fairly happy with the headers for a 250 dollar investment. I feel it pulls smoother, has a lot more response on the highway and makes no more noise than before, it just seems to run cleaner, and it actually idles smoother for some reason and at 50rpm lower. Hopefully I save some fuel especially on those long trips.

 

I also got sick of looking at the rusty wiper arms so I bought some new ones. Just Tridon ones.

 

Next on the list is to fit the ac compressor and connect the thing back up so I can shoot over to Chris' place to see if it holds the gas this time. Need more cold.

 

20150227_115747_zpsjmlujaty.jpg

You'll notice more an improvement running an Ma61 AFM and TB than you will with headers! Good upgrade

Yeah even if you do cam it you're best off doing the AFM and TB swap, Costs like $20 and makes a great improvement

  • Author

Id rather put it on a carb if I cam it I think, and leave the ecu for timing. Id like to put the wideband on the car with the ma stuff if I was to try that. Or drive a car set-up like that. I can't see it being ideal at all rpm. What capacity is there to fine tune it? From what I've read the head has many limitations so there are distinct limits to how far Ill go with bothering to work this motor I think. Its money better spent modifying the ae86. However I would like a torsen lsd next I think when I can make some money to spend on this thing.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

We rallied a 22re for a few years and did a lot of performance work on the engine with land cruiser pistons to up the bore and comp. A big cam and microtech ecu as well as the usual head and manifold work.

Its a very strong motor and we had no problems, but the long stroke limited it to 6500rpm usable power. It only made 120bhp @ the wheels but had massive torque.

 

Ive seen the 4lt quad cam v8 fit these Celicas very nicely.

The Torsen LSD from a GT4 rear diff will fit your 65 centre.

  • Author

Hey great info thanks.

 

Showed more love today. I finally swapped over the top rad hose, as I had a new one for ages but didn't want to remove it till I was doing other stuff that would be easier with it out of the way, such as, refitting the ac compressor and belt ready for a test gassing. I also removed the temp senders out of curiosity and found them in very decent order. Not much scale at all. While I was there I fitted a new oil filter and then I had put it all back together I bled the cooling system, topped up the oil and cleaned her. Jobs a good un.

 

20150301_193217_zps8lzcha13.jpg

 

20150301_193208_zpsvigzmz8y.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.