Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ra65 St Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Replies 122
  • Views 233.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I have the molds here if you ever decide you want a rally replica. Looks like a very nice ra65 and the coupe is getting very rare to find.

  • Holy shit those wheels are ace!

  • Did you get the A/C fixed? If not, give me a yell. i now have all the gear, seals,oil, recovery system and gas which is HFC direct replacement for R12 and 134A.

Posted Images

Holy shit those wheels are ace!

those wheels are perfect on this.

  • Author

I reckon just drop the 2AZ-FE in this.

 

I really wanna build one of these so bad.

those wheels are perfect on this.

 

I was seriously thinking different engine for this car, but I was thinking 2vz or 3vz maybe. But its such low mileage and runs fine. I'm just going to fix it, maybe delete the smog pump and some of the other junk and fit headers. Then get the AC working again. A water pump is $60.

I reckon you're on the right track. Get this humming as a cruiser. One day it might be time for something awesome in it.

Its definitely #2 on my list of Toyotas I want after a TE47. But in reality its probably #1.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

OK, baby has a pulse again. New waterpump. Its a Jap made GMB too. Was going to freshen up the front oil seal on the crank but whoever had this car before me got the bolt on so tight most likely with loctite, it is impossible to remove without heating the bolt, so we left it. Mechanic said there was only a couple of drops there. Its never lost a meaningful amount of oil, I was just being anal.

 

This car really needs ac, so I might fit the working pump to it and see if I can go get it gassed next week and have it stay gassed. That would be ideal! Getting pretty tempted to remove emissions junk and the smog pump.

 

Still on the hunt for a used set of king springs for it. Its sag towm 2013.

3rz swap would be ideal :)

 

Give me a few weeks and i can get kings into work.......

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

How much Seth?

 

Did the egr and smog pump removal. Cleaned up and degreased the bay as much as possible while the motor is in.

 

Will fit the ac pump today probably.

 

Need cold air.

 

Needs springs and shocks, a couple of bushes, a rack bush, a stereo and some tinting. Then it will be pretty perfect.

  • Author

Fixed the squeak! When someone changed the brake pads they managed to incorrectly locate one of the shims that fits under the long edge of the pad against the piston. It was rubbing on the rotor and seemed to be getting steadily louder, which makes sense as the pads wearing would have made it press harder against the rotor. Long story short, I bent it back to shape and reinstalled it all after a clean and buff and application of some fresh disc brake quiet. Now there is just blissful silence. Checked all the wheel bearings, they seem great.

 

Off to the wreckers now on an unrelated mission, and then ill be fitting the a/c pump and belt and reconnecting that, before maybe heading in next week to have it tested again. I prey it holds pressure so I can cheaply get the ac working this summer.

  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

IMAG0065_zpsbkztllzd.jpg

 

Drove it 304 klm on the high way today. Return to Oakey to see family. I'd never put it on the highway before. It gets about 8klm/litre around town, bit higher if you babay her.

 

It did 11klm/litre on the highway drive, which is great, exceeded my expectations. Didnt miss a beat and just purred the whole way. There were plenty of stops and starts at roadworks too. It feels a bit quieter on the highway than a ke70 due to much slicker aero I think. KE70 sounds like a tissue box cutting through the wind.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.