Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Classic Japan 2013 - Sunday 1St December - Como Park, South Yarra

Featured Replies

Great show, awesome display of cars.

I agree with Adam on the KE26, unreal, also liked the chrysler lancer gt coupe, can't say I've seen one before.

And by the way was there a group buy on front chin spoilers?

 

  • Replies 58
  • Views 195.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the gt galant was one of my favorites as was the slammed ke26 wagon .

 

The front chin spoilers are available on eBay

Look up mk1 golf chin spoiler and you will find it

 

 

  • Author

It was great to be able to put a face to a forum name te27, kinda-awkward-but-funny when you're talking to someone & realise which forum username the person you are talking to is (on my behalf). :lol:

 

For the record parrot & silverra23, neither of you are getting old, I'm a little younger & I agree. Not that what the car has isn't kinda cool, just a time & a place for things & I think they realised pretty quickly that CJ is neither. ;)

 

Please don't hate me becausenissan, but this was my personal favourite car of the show.

 

1016881_10151822913006943_1261149912_n.jpg

 

A very close second...remove the GT-R badge, put as sedate wheels on it as the brakes allow & noone would really guess there's an RB26 with a decent sized single under the bonnet.

 

62333_10151822895121943_1461598111_n.jpg

 

A close third.

 

1476150_10151822920001943_945521041_n.jpg

 

I could keep going, but as has been mentioned, there is a ton of photos that you can find on the Classic Japan Facebook Page, the other 300+ I took can be found here: https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

 

Thankyou to the TCCAV organisers/everyone who attended/donated/displayed their vehicle/helped out throughout the day. It's cliched I know but I don't care, without everyone's support this event doesn't happen. If it keeps going at this rate, CJ 2014 will officially blow my mind. I look forward to this. :yes:

Edited by carbonboy

Cheers carbonboy it was great to meet you , I was . My brother in law is building a 240 k like the black one u posted here. I will be helping him build the car.

 

The bass on that car gave me a headache. And I thought it was the sun giving me a headache. When I seen the car I thought it was some elaborate hydroponics setup lol

oooohh that KE26! yum!

 

KE26_zps40ecc525.jpg

All that sign writing is painted too... not vinyl... such an impressive looking car!

This was a very well run, organised and attended event. Congratulations to you all for the awesome job you all did. I hope you also raised plenty for the Fred Hollows Foundation.

 

It was awesome to be able to get my Group A Skyline in as well, and thank you all so much for allowing me some leeway to get the car in. A bit dirty sorry after Winton the day before. Amazing the poeple that thought it was a replica though, I loved telling them it was the real deal.

 

You guys should be really proud of what you acheived. It was bloody fantastic.

  • Author

Excellent photos Adam! Also, thankyou for taking a photo of Blue Thing, pretty sure only you & I did. :lol:

 

My brother in law is building a 240 k like the black one u posted here. I will be helping him build the car.

 

This sounds awesome, so, we'll see it there next year? ;)

 

This was a very well run, organised and attended event. Congratulations to you all for the awesome job you all did. I hope you also raised plenty for the Fred Hollows Foundation.

 

It was awesome to be able to get my Group A Skyline in as well, and thank you all so much for allowing me some leeway to get the car in. A bit dirty sorry after Winton the day before. Amazing the poeple that thought it was a replica though, I loved telling them it was the real deal.

 

You guys should be really proud of what you acheived. It was bloody fantastic.

 

Thankyou for the kind words Carolyn & thankyou also for coming along! The dirt from Winton only adds to the authenticity as far as I'm concerned, means it's being used rather than sit in a museum or something. Not that that's a bad thing, just better being used for what it was built for IMHO. :)

 

I had another play with MovieMaker & put together a little walk-around of the day. Four hours of car show condensed into just under eleven minutes, if you're game, sit back, relax & enjoy.

 

One gripe was the mighty boy with the plumbing setup attached to his stereo......

 

Couldn't agree more, car shows are not the place for that crap.

 

Luke I agree with your comments on that Skyline, awesome build but it really needed some more tasteful wheels.

Awesome event, how long now till next years? :P

Once again I got to admire your handiwork Doogs, very impressive.

 

The day also helped me decide on my wheels for the KE15. Had a good look at the KE20 with early RX7 alloys on it and was sold! Have picked up two, need 3 more!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Just a quick bit of news: The Toyota Car Club of Australia is proud to announce that from our recent Classic Japan event, we have raised $4,000 that will be heading to the Fred Hollows Foundation. This money will go towards restoring the sight of 160 people. A massive thankyou must go out to all our sponsors, volunteers & all of you who came along, donated, had a great day & made all of this possible.

 

:2thumbs:

The day also helped me decide on my wheels for the KE15. Had a good look at the KE20 with early RX7 alloys on it and was sold! Have picked up two, need 3 more!

 

Didn't see my 11 there then?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.