Ke70 Wags Build

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got heaps done after work today. Mainly just interior crap but put a ae82 fxgt brake master cylinder in and made lines to suit and made a clutch line also.

1001724_555310231183324_857818399_n.jpg

Had more dash in but had to take some off again to fix plug that weren't working and attached cables to heater

1151031_555310224516658_2087320197_n.jpg

ae82 fx-gt brake master cylinder :D

What's the go with the AE82 master cylinder? Is it a different size to the normal KE70 master?

Its bigger than standard ke70 by 3mm and it fit on easy and had all seals replace so i thought id just chuck that on as i have ae86 brakes and save money by not revamping my standard one.

A few other things done tonight. Put more interior in and mounted ecu and wrapped it in that 3M carbon wrap to make it look fancy as i couldnt really hide it anywhere so it sits where the passengers foot panel goes.

So my rear tail light brakes stay on all the time now ever since i hooked up the plug that leads to the pedal box???

599637_556751037705910_2013646231_n.jpg

Just got to sort out the front door cards and get some seat belt bolts for the back and a bracket which holds the upper back seat in place.

1157410_556751034372577_424506051_n.jpg

Tomorrow ill get the reverse plug off the gearbox and see if i have another one that'll fit as that one is broken and finished off cleaning up the calipers. Suppose i better have a look into this tail light drama too.....

Edited by ketodriftke70wagon

Your dash is looking super sweet. That's a good solution to covering a cracked dash or just as an alternative to a dash mat :y:

With the brake lights, the brake light switch is probably stuck in the 'on' position because it needs adjusting. You should be able to adjust it with a spanner?

Also, I'm not sure if it will matter but I'm pretty sure the ECU is made of aluminium because it's a good thermal conductor, wrapping it in the carbon stuff might trap the heat it?? I've never felt an ECU when the car is running but apparently they get hot. Though it does look good.

Edited by rian

Yea dash looks far better than standard. Removed all the ugly hard poo brown crap off it and covered it in the black carpet like fabric.

As for the brake light i haven't had a look at it yet but I'm sure it'll be something along those lines. And yea i have thought of the ecu getting hot but i only wrapped it one side, so it shouldn't be a problem. If it does get hot ill just have to un wrap it.

Just read the whole thread, top stuff. I have an AE71 high-top wagon with a 4AGE that could use half the attention that you give yours! Keep the pics and updates coming! :)

Thanks man!

Fixed the brake light problem just needed to adjust the plug in the pedal box.

Also Painted the calipers, so tomorrows job is to lube up all the front suspension and put split pins in then put the brakes on and then top all the fluids up. Once that's done ill get onto my dad to finish off that driveshaft which he's been meaning to do for the last two months :hmm:

Ok so not alot has been happening. just put front brakes on and tightened up front sus put split pins on then put brake fluid in and bleed them then did the hydro as well. Also sorted out driveshaft. have got the right length tube just have to weld ends on then put oil in gearbox and take her for a spin.

Also noticed that my front and rear wipers are not working :/

And when i was bleeding hydro last night i noticed that my rack and pinion box is touching the gearbox/block bit. Is this normal?? or do i need to make spacers for the mounts or something. any info help will be muchly appreciated thanks.

Edited by ketodriftke70wagon

Nice project mate!

Love your attention to detail and big ups for getting stuck in at a young age, that's how it all starts. :y:

Thanks man gotta have everything looking nice and yea have always had an interest in car ever since i started watching dad work on his.

Ok so big news got driveshaft done and took her for the first test drive tonight! very excited. after 3 1/2 long years it finally moves!

1173774_559217637459250_816460851_n.jpg

Got my spare struts shortened just need welding then get steel sleeves and weld them on

1175494_559217624125918_1483009492_n.jpg

le driveshaft :D