Car Not Idoling And Stalling

Anthony13

So as the title says my car won't idol it starts then stalls, but a before I go into full detail ill give you all a bit more info on my car

Ke70 with 16v 4age

Motor and loom from ae82 corolla bigport first gen with map sensor

I had installed the motor and had the engine running at the start of the year I even drove the car up the drive way but I had put the car in the shed and hadn't started it for a few months as I was fixing rust and working on my other car,

But the other week I went to start it and It wouldn't start it would idol then stall!

I have fuel at the injectors and fuel pump works fine it's a vn commodore in tank pump that I have modified to fit the ke70 tank

I have checked all plugs!

I have power at the coil!

I have 12.63 v at the battery

Then I replaced the ignition leads

I replaced the dizzy cap

I replaced the rotor arm

I replaced the coil w/igniter module from a confirmed working car

I have checked all wiring and plugs for loose terminals etc etc!

I have two grounds from the battery one to the engine the other to the body of the car!

I took the cam covers off to see how the cams were and there fine nothing has broken!

So after all that and still nothing I thought the timing may have been out!

so I set the cams to there timing marks I pulled the cam gears off to see if the pins were in the right place

Intake cam pin was at 12 o clock

Exhaust cam pin was at 5 o clock

I set the no 1 piston to TDC

And lined the crank pulley up with its mark then reinstalled everything and harmonic balancer mark lines up with the 0 on the lower timing cover

I also removed the distributor and re lined up all marks on that and put that back in

But nothing has changed it's still doing the same thing! It starts idols for a few seconds then stalls!

If anyone has any ideas as to what is wrong with my car would be great or better yet if someone can come have a look at it would be even better

its got me completely stumped! As to why it was running fine and then now it won't even idol!

Members dont see this ad

Try unplugging the TPS and giving it a go.

And similarly try unplugging the map sensor and giving it a go.

It should run with either of these unplugged, (with the map sensor unplugged it will run very poorly, but it should run, tps no as dramatic)

Also not a bad idea to connect up the check engine light and see if any codes are being stored.

Ill try putting new fuel in it should I completely drain the tank? Befor I do it or just top up what I've got?

Ill also try unplugging the TPS and MAP and see what happens then and ill be able to give a better description of what revs I have when I get home,

On a separate note does the map sensor have to get power from the ecu or can it get power from a separate source like some thing from accessorys power?

I never would of thought that!! Petrol could be the problem so Drained the tank completely and put fresh petroulm distillate in there and everything is working fine now! I've just gotta fine tune the timing and idol speed and it should be good to go!

Thanks heaps!!

Oh does any one no where I can get a replacement o ring for the distributor not the one on the shaft the large thin one that goes between the distributor and the cap!

Lol....

So I put everything back together today and started it up it was idleing at around 2,000 rpm and everything sounded fine but it stalled again and is now doing the exact same thing as befor!! I don't get it I replaced the spark plugs and still nothing!! Any ideas please? Or does someone wanna come have a look at it for me?