4agze Ke70 Help?

chrizer

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but realistically, how much is the diff off-centre if you say drop the car 50mm? Surely it would only be mm's? Unless you're hardcore, would it be better to spend the money on say Koni's instead of ..... say Pedders for the handling improvement? All hyperthetical of course, one day I may have a car with a link back end.

P.S: Doug: Bluey Motorkhana's well!!

no idea how far it would push the diff off center in a ke70.

i do know sometimes lowering can cause a problem on gemini's and they can rub a tyre on one side when lowered a lot. they don't have real big guards to fit in wide rubber though.

i agree, a set of poly bushes in the stock panhard rod would probably be all you need, unless the car was massively lowered. as you said the change could go toward better quality dampers.

P.S: Doug: Bluey Motorkhana's well!!

cool, fook was telling me it goes real well on the phone this arv. are you going out to the next one in 2 weeks? would like to see how well it goes. i hear it has a lot more grunt than the redwarf :P guess it would have a lot to do with how bub goes.

guess it would have a lot to do with how bub goes.

Tell me about it. Bub is already three days late. I hope this doesn't carry on through the rest of his/her life!! We'll see about the next one, I'd probably bring Dwarf out though....

Edited by Redwarf

those panhard rods look like they only correct the geometry when the car is lowered. ie. stop the diff getting pushed off to one side. probably no use unless the car is lowered.

theyre made for towing heavy loads :P

It also appears they are fitted to some KE70s from factory...Ians has one

Next question, I assume that you would need a four wheel wheel-alignment after fitment of the adjustable panhard rod, to ensure that it's tracking correctly?

My query was more to do with "are they worth it?" or would the money be better placed elsewhere: better shocks, nolathane bushes etc. If you're going the whole hog no expense spared option, of course, do it, but would you consider it something to be done early on, at the expense of, say one of the items above. Is the diff "Push" on a 50 mm drop that excessive that it needs correcting? (What is the most you can legally lower a 70 series?)

Comments?

If we're all feeling bored one day, I'll measure up Teddy's car and work it out... :P

Edited by Redwarf