Webber Doce Help

GinGhee

Members dont see this ad

If its going on a stock 4k, 40mm would be a good start. Ive tried this before and couldn't get a side draft run right on a stock 4k, well probably not to my expectations anyway! My suggestion would be to go a down draft weber, and will be compatible when it comes time for cam and exhaust,

just my 2c,

cheers!

If its going on a stock 4k, 40mm would be a good start. Ive tried this before and couldn't get a side draft run right on a stock 4k, well probably not to my expectations anyway! My suggestion would be to go a down draft weber, and will be compatible when it comes time for cam and exhaust,

just my 2c,

cheers!

Yeah, I was thinking 40mm, i was wanting to go with the side draught because i heard that the down draughts were a bit boggy in the low range. Were you using a 40mm? And were you running stock jets?

Can't say I've noticed my DGV being boggy in the low range. I don't think there is such a thing as stock jets for a 40mm Weber, you have to ensure that you tune it for your car. I'd go for the down draught too, they're a stack cheaper than side draughts, with the change you could probably get some extractors too.

Can't say I've noticed my DGV being boggy in the low range. I don't think there is such a thing as stock jets for a 40mm Weber, you have to ensure that you tune it for your car. I'd go for the down draught too, they're a stack cheaper than side draughts, with the change you could probably get some extractors too.

So you'd be recommending the 32/36 webber? The carb wikki recommends using 130 mains 170 air jets and a 50 for idle in the webber. is this a good place to be starting for a stock 4k? And is it wise to purchase online of webber them themselves or would someone local stock them? i'm in brisbane

Thanks for the responses

I'd certainly go down draft (32/36), they're everywhere and they're cheap considering, and due to the fact your not planning on heavily modifying your 4k. Never really heard of weber's being dodgy? Purchasing a weber online isn't a bad idea, I have and have never had problems. If your wanting a place that you can buy a brand new weber from here in Brisbane, I can point you in the right direction.

cheers!

A dcoe weber is a much better choice than a 32/36 because you can change the chokes to suit any engine(in any state of tune) and get them to run near perfect, if you wanted a down draft a dcd weber would be best as you can change the chokes in these but there becoming hard to get.

Edited by CorollaFan

Dcoes have reasonably large venturis and synchronous throttles as opposed to progressive throttles, synchronous can be too fast an opening for small

stock capacity motors, food for thought anyway... as well as having the sidedraft clearance in the engine bay? plenty info out there...

as well as having the sidedraft clearance in the engine bay?

Not quite so bad in a KE70, but there is no room in the KE30/55. Richard has one on his KE30 and the socks are jammed up against the strut turret.

The sideie will outperform the downdraught if you are really keen on performance, but in everyday driving I expect the d/d will be more economical. I can get the jet sizes he is using for you, although Insanity on here will know. Note- these guys don't pay for their own fuel.......

I'd agree with DCOE's being a better choice if we were talking about twins, but single, I'm not convinced. You don't need the small chokes if you're only using one, they need to be larger as you're feeding adjacently firing cylinders. That they are firing adjacent cylinders isn't ideal either. I don't think you'll get that much extra performance to justify the cost. DCD's are great if you can find them and then find the appropriate parts to tune them, but DGV's are just so common.