Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

T50 To K50 Clutch Cable Adaptor Kit?

Featured Replies

Hi all!

 

I'm sure I was on here the other night reading a build thread where someone made mention of a K50 to T50 clutch cable conversion kit a member had put together and was able to be purchased from?

Can anyone help out with a contact user name or number please?

Or am I tripping?

I've been on here and google search for the last hour and more, I can't find the thread.

 

Please don't answer with "hydro conversion set up" responses.

 

Thanks,

 

Ali

Edited by 86Ali

Most hydro setups push the fork to the rear, whereas cables pull it to the front. Not to say it couldn't be done, you'd have to change the fork pivot or lengthen hythe cable so it can do a 180 over a pulley etc.

  • Author

Yep, I understand that.

I have seen a lever set up, with fork swapped to opposite side.

 

I have JDM T50 Bell with fork on oposite side.

Its goin in a Ke70 that currently has a K50 in it.

 

I came across attached on http://www.kp61.net/...read.php?t=7626

post-7195-0-59433400-1382862292_thumb.jpg

post-7195-0-39101600-1382862308_thumb.jpg

This is what I'm looking for,

The article pretty much covers it, just I'm sure I came across this in a thread on here stating K50 to T50 kit.....

I don't have a K40 fork, am curious if K50 parts can be used.

Edited by 86Ali

  • Author

Yeah, that picture is from a 3k-h T50 set up

Page 2 of link states

"22spline t50 from a carina ta60 with a tailhousing, shifter & forkshafts from a 20 spline ta22 celica t50. Bellh. is from a ke74"

 

Edit

My set up is 4A.

Edited by 86Ali

Looks like a simple procedure to do this can't see why wouldn't work for your 4a conversion in your KEX.

 

What it looks like is a simple plate on right hand side (red steel) with the pivot ball attached to it. From top of my head these balls screwed into the gearbox on a K50 (one on patio but can't look at it atm) so simple procedure of make plate to fit in corner drill tap lock tie in ball done. Use original hydro clutch fork.

 

Hydro setups usually get pushed so the fork still pushes bearing into the clutch cover. So take off hydraulic cylinder make a provision for cable and bing. Pull forwards.

 

To do this well feel there are 2 critical sizes needed. A) distance from face of throw out bearing to clutch cover. If this is nonexistent clutch will spin this bearing over heat fail or clutch only ever be half engaged and slipping. So Id find a T50 do a drop height from face of bell housing to surface of a throw out bearing fully retracted. Use a T50 from a 4a. Or any 4a gearbox. This will give you distance you need to have baring sitting BACK from flex plate of engine allowing a standard clutch to fit in the gap. B) height of pivot ball. could measure from face of bell housing down to top of a clutch fork that you will use subtract clutch fork thickness in ball area to find distance to ball. If ball to low throw out bearing won't move enough so clutch wont fully disengage.

 

After that rest should be easy. This would mean no hydro setup etc in pedal box. Also to me this way seems easier if all can be bolted onto a gearbox a person with no welder could easily achieve this.

 

Also opens up HEAPS of room for improvement. Play with length of clutch fork to make the movement of the bearing faster giving you a faster acting clutch etc etc. Work out the ratio of pedal movement to clutch fork movement and play make it shorter etc etc.

 

I say get a gear box depth micrometer and start :) Not rocket surgery...

 

 

Cameron

 

P.S. I do see on KP61 member who posted pics is Tojo...He is a member here so go to forum members section serch "tojo" send a PM ;)

I would be in the market to buy a couple of these, and I know at least 6 others that would be interested as well.(most are using AE71 T50 box)

Edited by frosty

  • Author

Sure I read it on here, I'm on a misssion to find thread now.

It was in a build thread.

Its what made me start thinking :hmm:

  • 2 months later...

Yea,thats mine. Its a k40 fork.

 

Look for a thread called "kp slowly growing up" by Morten on kp61.net

 

He did a similar mod on a 4ag t50 bell

  • Author

I gave in.

I went hydro Howe release bearing set up on a W series with a T50 Adapter in the end.

Do it once theme.

  • 2 years later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.