T50 To K50 Clutch Cable Adaptor Kit?

86Ali

Hi all!

I'm sure I was on here the other night reading a build thread where someone made mention of a K50 to T50 clutch cable conversion kit a member had put together and was able to be purchased from?

Can anyone help out with a contact user name or number please?

Or am I tripping?

I've been on here and google search for the last hour and more, I can't find the thread.

Please don't answer with "hydro conversion set up" responses.

Thanks,

Ali

Edited by 86Ali

Members dont see this ad

Yep, I understand that.

I have seen a lever set up, with fork swapped to opposite side.

I have JDM T50 Bell with fork on oposite side.

Its goin in a Ke70 that currently has a K50 in it.

I came across attached on http://www.kp61.net/...read.php?t=7626

post-7195-0-59433400-1382862292_thumb.jpg

post-7195-0-39101600-1382862308_thumb.jpg

This is what I'm looking for,

The article pretty much covers it, just I'm sure I came across this in a thread on here stating K50 to T50 kit.....

I don't have a K40 fork, am curious if K50 parts can be used.

Edited by 86Ali

Yeah, that picture is from a 3k-h T50 set up

Page 2 of link states

"22spline t50 from a carina ta60 with a tailhousing, shifter & forkshafts from a 20 spline ta22 celica t50. Bellh. is from a ke74"

Edit

My set up is 4A.

Edited by 86Ali

Looks like a simple procedure to do this can't see why wouldn't work for your 4a conversion in your KEX.

What it looks like is a simple plate on right hand side (red steel) with the pivot ball attached to it. From top of my head these balls screwed into the gearbox on a K50 (one on patio but can't look at it atm) so simple procedure of make plate to fit in corner drill tap lock tie in ball done. Use original hydro clutch fork.

Hydro setups usually get pushed so the fork still pushes bearing into the clutch cover. So take off hydraulic cylinder make a provision for cable and bing. Pull forwards.

To do this well feel there are 2 critical sizes needed. A) distance from face of throw out bearing to clutch cover. If this is nonexistent clutch will spin this bearing over heat fail or clutch only ever be half engaged and slipping. So Id find a T50 do a drop height from face of bell housing to surface of a throw out bearing fully retracted. Use a T50 from a 4a. Or any 4a gearbox. This will give you distance you need to have baring sitting BACK from flex plate of engine allowing a standard clutch to fit in the gap. B) height of pivot ball. could measure from face of bell housing down to top of a clutch fork that you will use subtract clutch fork thickness in ball area to find distance to ball. If ball to low throw out bearing won't move enough so clutch wont fully disengage.

After that rest should be easy. This would mean no hydro setup etc in pedal box. Also to me this way seems easier if all can be bolted onto a gearbox a person with no welder could easily achieve this.

Also opens up HEAPS of room for improvement. Play with length of clutch fork to make the movement of the bearing faster giving you a faster acting clutch etc etc. Work out the ratio of pedal movement to clutch fork movement and play make it shorter etc etc.

I say get a gear box depth micrometer and start :) Not rocket surgery...

Cameron

P.S. I do see on KP61 member who posted pics is Tojo...He is a member here so go to forum members section serch "tojo" send a PM ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...