Ben's 4A-Ge Ae71

B-Lugg

Members dont see this ad

I'm pretty keen to head down anyway, probably not keen for the track until the W55 and T diff are in. Plus I want to track down a cheap set of 15x7 and throw some cheap 123 semi slicks on. But if corners come up before I go back to work I'll rock up.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks.

I managed to tidy the car up enough to pass a legitimate roadworthy inspection - finally got me some QLD registration and slapped my new plates on the thing - photos to come. Tomorrow I'm spending the day cleaning up my wheels and organising sandblasting and chroming on the bars that have been laying dormant.

General servicing has been completed, I really need to drop another couple of bucks on this car to really get it gripping the way I want it to, the rear end needs attention - I need to do more reading up on Hilux rear ends to help with the age old debate of what diff to run. LSD would be ideal but will cost my newly created house fund a pretty penny. Please, discuss.

don't bother with Hilux, its too heavy for a NA 4AGE. You will get away with a T series LSD quite happily. If you want something not bolt in for a NA get an R31. Could probably get one sorted for the same price as a good T series if you shop around, maybe cheaper the way diffs are going.

R31 track sucks on a ke70. So would need shortening thus making it more expensive.. Also r31 diffs arent much smaller or lighter than hilux so point is fairly null. Only advantage it has is 4 stud.

T18 Diff is the go, Just goes straight in. Friends ke70 had one behind a 200kw sr20de+t with lots of abuse for a year and still hadn't broken when he sold it.

It's looking like the T series will be the way to go after looking in depth at the hilux and 31 options - a little overkill for what I'm working with I believe. Time to source a diff...

I have just booked my licenses and spot for the sprints on the 17th (Wednesday) of September at Lakeside Raceway, kicks off around mid day. License - 55 Cost for entry - 135.

I'd love to see some other Corollas out there on the day!

Link - http://qldraceways.com.au/calendar/event_view_popup.php?event_id=5184&ret_link=reader.php?cal_monthDate=2014-09

Edited by B-Lugg

What's your roster? 2 on 2 off?

I picked one up tonight for 150 with tail shaft! Series one unfortunately so I'll have to take it to fab to get the sway bar mounts welded on. No biggie.

I think freshen the T series up and throw it in straight away because mine diff isn't loving life right now and then save some bucks to throw an LSD in there.

Thanks for the input/info for that Jono, much appreciated, I think T series was always going to be inevitable... it's way too easy...

EDIT: Rian, you in for Sep 17?

Edited by B-Lugg

I get midweek days off so we should sort out a date that we can all get down there, I'd just love to get some relative times!

I saw that, bastard. I saw the post about 20 minutes too late... I'm now going down the route of getting a new one. Costly little ʞ©$ɟers...