Ke30 Sr+turbo Update

Jus thought id do an update of the progress of the rola,

I'm halfway through putting a GT28RS on the non turbo motor, this is a temporary arrangemeny while i do a proper build of the S15 motor i have.

I have all of the pipework finished,ive just gotta get some of it chromed. I also have a set of SARD 550cc injectors that i still have to make a fuel rail for (cosa theyre top feed).Other than that its nearly there, hopefully it will be goin within a month! whoohooo! :D

post-687-1142841034_thumb.jpg

post-687-1142841110_thumb.jpg

post-687-1142841220_thumb.jpg

These are my struts with the commodore 300mm rotors and twim piston calipers.

post-687-1142841410_thumb.jpg

post-687-1142841507_thumb.jpg

post-687-1142841578_thumb.jpg

post-687-1142841638_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey

man that's awesome news ...

i agree with Jason - that thing is gonna haul. ass. i mean really haul ass ... 'specially with an s14 sr20det under the hood ... you'll have little competition on the road...

I'm still stickin with the n/a ... I'm pretty keen on goin s14 sr20de ... the turbo would be great, but then there's I/C piping ... and i like my fuel economy for now ...

Who knows, i might do what you have done, gone n/a, then get thirsty for some serious power!

Good luck with it champ ...

How's that respray coming along :D ? Nah i like the colour personally

Dyzza

Edited by Dyzza

The other thing the SR20DEs don't have is oil squirters. So your pistons cook if youre running high-ish boost. Id be limiting myself to 12psi absolute TOPS...but thats just me.

My advice with the S14 SR20DET is... ditch it and get a red top SR20. Not trying to be biased or anything (if they honestly made more power, Id use one) The manifolds (and to an extent the ports) on the later motors are shit and the low mount, high port setup of the redtops flow better. I do know of a guy making 546 WHEEL horsepower with the stock redtop manifold. They flow that good!! The VCT can be troublesome too. There was a problem with oil pressure not getting up to the actuator quick enough and a rattling noise developing. Nissan have a fix for it, but thats more money. The extra power S14 motors make standard is simply a larger turbo (T28 vs T25G) and a bit of VCT.

Should go like hell.... *runs off to strip 200kg from the silvia*

The other thing the SR20DEs don't have is oil squirters. So your pistons cook if youre running high-ish boost. Id be limiting myself to 12psi absolute TOPS...but thats just me.

My advice with the S14 SR20DET is... ditch it and get a red top SR20. Not trying to be biased or anything (if they honestly made more power, Id use one) The manifolds (and to an extent the ports) on the later motors are shit and the low mount, high port setup of the redtops flow better. I do know of a guy making 546 WHEEL horsepower with the stock redtop manifold. They flow that good!! The VCT can be troublesome too. There was a problem with oil pressure not getting up to the actuator quick enough and a rattling noise developing. Nissan have a fix for it, but thats more money. The extra power S14 motors make standard is simply a larger turbo (T28 vs T25G) and a bit of VCT.

Should go like hell.... *runs off to strip 200kg from the silvia*

Interesting. . . I have seen that 546hp silvia at powercruise last year on the dyno. CRAZY! I know what you are saying about the flow of the s13 heads and manifolds, but i have found limited info on the flow and reliability of the s14 head, can these still have the gtir coversion done? and to what extent is the manifold on the s14 proven to be restrictive? I am chasing 350rwhp.

Any info appreciated. Matt. :P

Those copys are garbage. People have found the casting to be POUROUS in some cases. Buy a genuine Greddy!! And like I said, 550rwhp on a standard manifold...wheres the need? Its just wank factor IMO.

350rwhp (260rwkw) A redtop will do that on standard internals, so will a VCT blacktop, but for the same work IMO you'll get more power from the red top. You might want to do camshafts but people get away without them. Turbo, something like a GT2871R. Theres lots of different breeds of 2871Rs so you can pick one to suit your application. The disco potato wont make it.

Hey, you read my mind, gt28/71R is the one. I have the specs chosen already, and, yeh i know the disco potato is a bit small. I'm keen to feel the torque though :P I do plan on running some big cams, forged pistons, ect. I am keen to use the s14 stuff i have, i may take a look at that inlet manifold, see if i can smooth it a bit with the di grinder.

Sorry when i spoke of the gti conversion i was speaking of the rocker gear, apparently it can handle a fair bit more revs, and will fit with very little machine work. So i was wondering if this is possible to do to the s14 head, as ive only seen it done to the s13 head?

Thanks for your help irokin.