Ke30 With 15X10S

RO78IN

Hi Guys,

Done a bit of research and have seen that people have fitted 15X9 with zero offset and have gotten away with it, however i'm trying to get 10's on there...

I've got flares to cover the width outside the guards, so I'm more concerned with what offset i'll need to clear the suspension. Can someone help me out?

THanks

matt

Members dont see this ad

I've got 15x9 all round currently, -10. About 10mm clearance off the front strut and the lip is just outside my flare. By the time I dial a little more camber in they've suit just right. Rears could almost come out a little further.

I do have a couple of pics of fitment with my old 15x10 0 offset Steelies on my laptop I could upload.

I imagine the wheel bearings wouldn't be very happy after a while with 10s and huge negative offsets.

everyone always says this, and i do agree its probably not going to help. But the reality is, it might halve the wheel bearing life, which will probably make it about 70,000km instead of 140,00 or whatever.

and a wheel bearing kit is like $30?

what gets me is why you want 10" wide wheels on such a small car. I reckon go with 7" wide and then buy good tyres. Won't give you "that look" though.

Edited by ke70dave

Short Answer;

I want to track this thing. I am building a 3K engine with GSXR pistons, 4AGE forged rods, balanced Crank, and eventually, Turbo. game plan is to rev the thing to 10,000+ rpm. I currently have the engine out, and doing all the lightening to the chassis + seem welding, just wanted to know if i could get away with it, as i have a set here from my AW11 (that has 15x10s on it)... Now you can get Hosier 275/35/15 tyres, and in a little tiny chassis like that, i think with the little 3K, you'd never have to brake!!!

Mid corner speed = fast lap times.

Do you really need that much rubber?

Granted you may get some decent power out of that prospective engine, but not enough to warrant that much grip.

Just remember you have to get those things turning, that sort of high reving engine is not gonna have a lot of tourqe.

I think some decent 205's or 235's on a 7" or 8" rim would be sweet and less of a head f@ck to fit.

Edited by chestikoph1