Steel Rims

frosty

Trying to find some steel 15 inch rims that are 4 x 114.3 and look something like these commodore ones ~ has anyone seen or know of some? Preferably would like 5.5" or 6". Plan 'B' would be to get some steels made up with me supplying the centres? ~ There used to be Albion wheel works (Brisbane) that did them, but he closed years ago post-226-0-14433400-1388290086_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

As said above they are only a spare wheel from the 31, you must be careful tho as there are two different offsets that they came in. Just scope out all the nissan wreckers in your area and collect them over time. I had a set years ago from doing the same thing, took around 8 weeks to get 5 together

Best of luck

thanks Chillin,

there is one wrecker near here, will check next week.

The other wrecker about 35 k away at Noosa/Eumundi not worth going to of late .... it is cheaper to buy a bar of gold than parts :pirate:

Found a pic of Skyline rims on datto site ~ this is them

post-226-0-82475600-1388794736.jpg

You can use the pintara rims 14inch and get the centres welded to outer hoops which step up to 15 and any offset you want.

Or grab a set of skyline gts spare wheels.

Who is machining and re-welding wheels these days?

Got a pic of ‘outer hoops’ ?

skyline gts spare wheels

are you talking about the same as those mentioned above ~ R31 Silhouette ~ which I think are the ones shown on the pic above?

thanks

Edited by frosty

I had a guy do it for me about 5 years ago.

I don't have any pictures though.

Yeah was talking about those wheels above.

Bit of googling shows there's a few places still doing it and outer 'shells' are available in a few places including eBay.

Edited by cuzzo

don't bother trying cooroy wreckers, ive already tried there.

almost every newer lancer has 15" steelies and 114.3 stud pattern if you need donar centres to make rims, the offset is no good for rwd.

Go to any tire shop and they have an abundance of lancer rims.

I think the shop in bris is called 'racecar engineering' that makes rims and sells outers to make your own, about $60 each for 8" outers.