Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Works like this:

Distributer spins with engine rpm, tells the ecu via the reluctor sensor where the engine is in its stroke, at the right time (the bit you "tune") the ecu sends a signal through to the ignitor, the ignitor then fires the coil, the spark from the coil travels through the distributor cap and rotor while the rotor is pointed at the correct igntion lead, spark plug fires, happy days.

Remember there are essentially 2 parts to a distributer, the bit that distributes the spark (the rotor and cap), and the bit that keeps track of when the spark needs to be fired (either points in old school distributers, or the reluctor sensor in an electronic one). A "CAS" is essentially an electronic distributer with more trigger points and without the rotor/cap arrangement to distribute the spark.

Running a dual pulse Cas would enable you to run sequential injection and quad coil packs. With single pulse you're restricted to banked injection and a dizzy cap to distribute spark.

You need to wire that dizzy up to the signal trigger and ignition ground wires of the ecu. As said earlier though polarity is essential. Try what I mentioned earlier with the drill and see of you can get a pulse. Might also want to close the air gap up to about 20 thou..... This is all dependant on the fact that the ecu I'd set for single pulse triggering though.

How different is the e6x to wire in compared to lt8? Any easier? What would I benifit from it?

Also kickn5k do you know exactly what cas you are running? If I where to go that way that would help?

Would wire up very similar, I'm pretty sure.

Main benefits are most things are user defined eg. You tell IT what you have, not the other way round and full sequential capability with a dual pulse

Nothing wrong with the microtechs really, they do the job. A 4agte I build for a mate uses the 10 series one and makes just over 300rwkw. But bear in mind a recal will probably run you around $250.

I'll send photos after I've posted this. It appears its a modded magna CAS/dizzy to fit a "K" motor. It's a 4 and 1 optical setup with the cap blanked off. I can't tell for sure exactly which magna it came off as I purchased it done from Mitch-12(lazy moment was cheaper than what I could be bothered doing for)

Edited by kickn5k

Ok. I got a few ideas here all of which seem to have worked.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to gwt a 4agze dizzy and make it fit to a 4k dizzy. That way I'm not having to pay for the re programming of my ecu.

What do you guys think.

Changing to mitsubishi internals is a good idea if I knew exactly what to get and where from but still would need to be reprogrammed.

In the end of the day its either gotta be 4agze or re program I guess

I think you should just get yourself a hand controller or laptop program. Then you can just use the dizzy you have and change other setting to suit your setup. If you go changing parts just to suit the tune that's in it you might as well just drop a 4agze in it!

Yes. That's how mine currently runs. Because the ecu is between the trigger and igniter you still get advance/retard control of your ignition, you just need to keep the dizzy cap to distribute spark.

Another example of something you will have to reconfigure in the ecu is the pressure scale. if you're not running as much boost as the 4agze was you won't be using all of your load points.