Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Cluster Upgrade - Quick Tutorial

Featured Replies

  • Author

Cheers Teddy! More than happy for others to add any other hints & tips they've got! Say, did you manage to get the digital clock working? That's the only thing i've had an issue with, and POSSIBLY the speedo cable, but not sure yet :P

  • Replies 31
  • Views 93.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

digital clock sounds like its just not working.. normally if clock doesnt work, and fuse is blown.. a heap of other interiour things stop working also. hmmm..

  • Author

Thats alright....I'm happy to learn to live without it! May replace it with the "Toyota" badge that used to be in the old one or something! Did you have any problems with your speedo cable after teddy? Mine plugged in alright but I'm not quite sure if its callibrated properly now.... :y:

calibration should not have changed at all - the physical part that you plug the cable into, came from your old cluster - there 4 nothing really has changed..

 

mine works fine. Note: if speedo wobbles, means the speedo cable is dry and needs lube.

  • Author

Ah, that may be the problem then cause the plug (on the cluster) of the original one was quite lubed up, and i didnt put anything back on the new one! Will give that a whirl and hopefully it sorts it out! Thanks Teddy :y: Apart from that (i think i also disconnected a wire related to the stereo cause i got not power on it now lol, but thats another story and weekend!), I'm pretty happy with the result, and its a nice cheap & relatively easy upgrade! Recommend it for anyone!

  • 2 weeks later...

Bit late, but cool tutorial magig!

 

It appears my ke70 wasn't meant to have a tacho. Bought one off ebay a while ago for $50, never arrived. And today went wrecker scouring, the only one I found and the dude wouldn't budge from $110...

 

:) :D

  • 5 months later...

anyone know which pin on the back of the dash is the one from the coil to the tacho?

don't ask why, i just need to f@$king know :@

yeah, thats what i thought and the one on the back of the cluster that looked like it went to the right place was black

but its not working with the mallory

f@$king thing :@

Pity the plug and play idea isn't the case with my panelvan, although I now think i've gotten a T18 tacho cluster or similar, not one from a *E7* because it's A: Slightly longer B: Different design to yours above.

 

I would've figured the wiring would be the same, but I believe i've been miss steaked :dance:

 

Oh well, overheating problems first, THEN I'll try and get me $80 purchase working :)

 

 

Good writeup though mate :)

Definately something I'm going to attempt. I hate analouge.

 

Who the f@$k puts an analogue clock in instead of a tacho?! I'll crash trying to read what the f@$k the time is.

Edited by Andrew Ryan

hehe so true

I'm used to having the tacho in but ive got an analogue dash in at this moment, and I'm now starting to realise how much i look at the tacho and what gear I'm in to work out what speed I'm doing rather than the tacho

weird

i want my tacho back :2thumbs:

I did this today, dash cost me $65! I was outraged but still payed it. Easy conversion though. Good stuff. My clock even works.

go make yourself feel better, take a look at the prices of shit tin rice boy tachos in autobarn haha

I found it comes out easier with the steering wheel off, nothing has to come off on an angle. Only know this because I had to change the ignition barrel at the same time. Stupid roadworthy certificates :2thumbs: :n:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.