Ke70 Cluster Upgrade - Quick Tutorial

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats alright....I'm happy to learn to live without it! May replace it with the "Toyota" badge that used to be in the old one or something! Did you have any problems with your speedo cable after teddy? Mine plugged in alright but I'm not quite sure if its callibrated properly now.... :y:

calibration should not have changed at all - the physical part that you plug the cable into, came from your old cluster - there 4 nothing really has changed..

mine works fine. Note: if speedo wobbles, means the speedo cable is dry and needs lube.

Ah, that may be the problem then cause the plug (on the cluster) of the original one was quite lubed up, and i didnt put anything back on the new one! Will give that a whirl and hopefully it sorts it out! Thanks Teddy :y: Apart from that (i think i also disconnected a wire related to the stereo cause i got not power on it now lol, but thats another story and weekend!), I'm pretty happy with the result, and its a nice cheap & relatively easy upgrade! Recommend it for anyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Pity the plug and play idea isn't the case with my panelvan, although I now think i've gotten a T18 tacho cluster or similar, not one from a *E7* because it's A: Slightly longer B: Different design to yours above.

I would've figured the wiring would be the same, but I believe i've been miss steaked :dance:

Oh well, overheating problems first, THEN I'll try and get me $80 purchase working :)

Good writeup though mate :)

hehe so true

I'm used to having the tacho in but ive got an analogue dash in at this moment, and I'm now starting to realise how much i look at the tacho and what gear I'm in to work out what speed I'm doing rather than the tacho

weird

i want my tacho back :2thumbs: