Felix Ke25 Deluxe Project

Felix

yesterday i acquired a ke25, it is a 73 deluxe auto. it came as a rolling shell with no motor or box.

the shell is pretty much rust free, with the only rust i've found being in the bottoms of the front guards and a bit on one side under the radiator support panel. the bottom of the doors and rear guards are excellent rustwise. needs a bit of panelbeating and a paintjob.

the interior is pretty good. needs a hood liner, dashtop, and carpet. otherwise it is pretty overrated.

anyway here's some pics:

post-166-1144317771_thumb.jpg

post-166-1144317866_thumb.jpg

post-166-1144318083_thumb.jpg

post-166-1144318192_thumb.jpg

Edited by Felix

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yesterday i acquired a ke25

For some reason, when people say that it always makes me think suspicious :)

Nah, good find, can't wait to see what you are going to do with it. 4AGZE with 6spd, lowered on stockies with some suspension work, perhaps? I like that idea very much. But knowing you, you'll probably restore it, which would be the 'smart' thing to do... but i'm not smart :S.

LOL, the gash pad is a bit screwed.

thinking maybe a 2t or 2tg for starters? already have a set of mikunis with manifold to suit a pushrod 2t. not sure yet. plenty more room to fit something bigger than a K series in compared to a ke1x.

wouldn't mind a set of te27 flares, then bug my mate to get my old neales wheels back, 15x7 and 15x8's. fat levin style exterior, stocko interior. see what happens.

it's not to bad, the guards are the worst of it. shouldn't be to hard to repair.

i didn't find it, the car found me. :)

wouldn't mind a set of te27 flares, then bug my mate to get my old neales wheels back, 15x7 and 15x8's. fat levin style exterior, stocko interior.

sounds tough!

but remember the price of tyres to fit an 15x8" rim is crazy. 300 a tyre for toyo T1R even nangkangs are 150 each ffs

coz you have to go 225 for legalities...

and btw, how did this car find u?

it all sounds a little suss to me :P

not so sure about the flares and rims thinking about it to start with. that can always happen later on after it is on the road.

maybe i'll just use up some of the crap i have laying around. :P

and btw, how did this car find u?

it all sounds a little suss to me 07-nyahnyah.gif

tuesday arv while the missus was out picking up the kids etc. i got a phone call from her boss....he says he had a customer in at their work who wanted to know who had the corollas he'd seen parked there, as he had one he wanted to get rid of.

i got the guys number and gave him a call. he says the thing is just cluttering up his shed and he needs it gone. he thought he'd rather it go to someone with an interest in corollas than the wreckers. i went around not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. cost me a tow. :P

Edited by Felix

Nah one of me mates its running a 2TGEU, its mainly his toy and race car, Hes a stage official at the qld rally so he takes it thru there and has done the Mt Cotton hill climb. What i was going to say to you is he has a 2T in his parts car i don't know what he wants with it but the car is still out at Mt Tarampa.

hey Trev. ask your mate if he'd want to part with it in a while. not overly in a rush to buy a motor yet. have other bills coming up of more importance, also want to get my Nova going.

crap i have laying around i could use for this thing are:

kings low ke2x springs, HD front shocks, rear 1 1/2" lowering blocks, some new urethane bushes for the leaves. healthy worked dished 4k with high lift 256 deg 3k-b grind cam, 4-2-1 extractors. SC14, blowthru 32/34 DMTT weber, modded holley blue fuel pump (good for 30psi), malpassi rising rate fuel reg, modded bigport head. also have carter fuel pump, twin aisans, and twin SU's. electronic 4k dizzy, MSD. selection of diff ratios...4.2, 4.3, 4.5. mazda 13" steelies, yoky A539s (from SJ's ke25), ke30 discs, ke55 discs. plus also other stuff i have probably forgotten about.

pretty much the most important things to concentrate on are the bodywork, paint, windscreen rubbers, dashpad, and hoodlining.