Ke30 Top End Rebuild

Dzhoel

What would non standard tyres do to engine temperature? I'm curious because my rear tyres aren't actually standard

Radiator cap is fine, waterpump replaced, thermostat replaced and ignition timing played with. The only two things in my head have to be either radiators playing up or engine block needs a flush, which i will need to pay someone to do.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The commonwhore radiator I got was actually an auto one with an oil cooler in one side. As I didn't need it I just cut the fittings off.

They have a couple of locating lugs on the bottom corners, I drilled holes in the sheet metal in the front corners of the engine bay for these and made up some brackets to hold it at the top.

I'd get the block flushed first, then get the Commode radiator like Taz_Rx said if the flush doesn't fix it.

I don't think the tyres would noticeably affect the temperature. Smaller ones give better acceleration, taller ones give lower revs at cruise, so if anything the taller ones would run it hotter. I never noticed a temperature difference. .

A far bigger factor would be the outside air temperature, a hot day can be 15 or 20deg hotter than a cool one, and the 80deg radiator just can't get rid of as much heat.