November 20, 201411 yr comment_690910 Well, this is my ke70. It had already been converted to 2 door before I purchased it. I bought it as a rolling shell and was going to put a 4age in it and as a short term project to get her on the track quickly, but things have changed and it has turned into a much bigger project. Report
November 20, 201411 yr Author comment_690912 first progress pictures. stripping her down, removing sound deadening and starting rust repairs Report
November 20, 201411 yr comment_690925 nice- It should have G1 or G2 or similar in yellow on the cambelt cover below the head. That will tell you how old it is. (two generations of Altezza motors) Did you get all the loomb, wiring, computer, alty, aircon with it? or will it be carbs and an aftermarket tuneable ECU? How much did you pay for the motor? Got the 6-speed too?? Report
November 20, 201411 yr Author comment_690932 It did have a yellow sticker on it, G1.don't know what happened to it Just came with the loom that is on the motor. came with power steering pump and air con, but have removed them as not needed. Will be going aftermarket ecu, most likely Adaptronic, Payed $1500 for the motor and $500 for the 6 speed Edited November 20, 201411 yr by matty555 Report
November 20, 201411 yr comment_690943 Wow, how was the two door conversion done, any ideas? It looks like a proper factory two door to me.. Report
November 21, 201411 yr Author comment_690949 Looks factory 2 door from a distance. With the doors open you can see the back door is still on the hinges bolted to the pillar which has been cut and moved back. Front doors are 2 normal doors cut and welded together Report
November 21, 201411 yr Author comment_690950 As long as the doors stay closed, nobody will know. Report
November 21, 201411 yr comment_690951 Man thats alot of effort to make it 2 door! Will be a rocket with that engine. You going to register it? Report
November 21, 201411 yr Author comment_690953 Would love to register it, but just going to keep it as a track car. Original plans were to put a 4age in it and club register it so it would be for road and track, but changed my mind. I hope it goes like a rocket when I'm finished. Report
November 21, 201411 yr comment_690954 Found it- I knew I had it in Altezzaclub somewhere.. G1 - 1998 - 2001 3SGE 6MT G2 - 1998 - 2001 3SGE 5AT G3 - 2001 - 2005 3SGE 6MT G4 - 2001 - 2005 3SGE 5AT So not engine age only, also gearbox type. The auto & manual motors have differences or the manual to rev better. That's a pretty average price for the setup, it will make a great KE70. Check out Altezzaclub if you need odd parts. Report
November 21, 201411 yr Author comment_690957 Do you know where I could find the bottom half of the extractors? If so, rough price? Report
November 21, 201411 yr comment_690964 I'll take a look. I think the import engines all come just like yours, so the most likely place will be NZ. Report
November 21, 201411 yr Author comment_690985 The BEAMS and the ke70 finally met each other today Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now