Ke30 Lolla The Corolla

JiP

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lmao: -I was in turning onto a bussy rd. there was a guy infront of me. I was looking over my shoulder at the traffic, assuming that he had gone, i saw a chance and began to move when i ran into him. I was in first gear.

At first i thought it was just his bumper. But since his spare tire was on his tailgate, my bonnet popped it in. This meaning i have to repair his bumper and tailgate.

Sadly and foolishly on my part i don't have insurance. Meaning i will end up paying for it. There goes my resprey budget.

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

That sucks dude.

I had a lady take off from a roundabout once and stop in the middle of the road, I nudged her too.

If they don't get three quotes and do it all by the book...Just refuse to pay a cent.

The lady I hit didn't get any quotes...she just had it fixed and sent me the bill...I laughed and never paid. And never heard another thing about it.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ive done a few vitaras in my time and when you smack them in the rear it kinks the rear 1/4s and they are a write off, you may be lucky but then again.....

and no you don't need 3 quotes anymore, thanks NRMA for that, not

if they go insurance the company, which ever it is will contact you re: payment , offer them a cash settlement of about half, because it will cost them time and money to take you to court to get the whole lot they usualy cut there losses and take the money, it costs them less in the long run

yeh i did the same as u i also when to change lanes on a busy road looked in my blind spot then turned around and there was a stopped car infront of me! This is what i did!

post-607-1148468801_thumb.jpgpost-607-1148468897_thumb.jpg

But i just changed over panels and she was right but i still have $1500 to this date since november last year 2 pay for the other persons damage and mine was worse!

Cheers Sean

:lmao: -Yay, shit to look forward to. I was thinking that I would try to organise a payment plan. I am soo about to recieve $6,000.00 which i was gonna put towards a paint job, de-rusting and now having my bonnet and radiator wall streightened. I don't wanna giv any to someone else as i've worked hard all year for that.

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

• 2 weeks later...

:monkey: -**UPDATE**

Okay. I went for acouple of quotes today. The first place quoted $664.00 to repair my car in primer. Thats with me supplying the guard, bumper & apron. And having them repaire my early KE30 bonnet and pull my radiator wall out.

He quoted me $45 to remove my old bumper and put on my new one?? Then also quoted $6 for each parking lamp removal and fitting even though its attached to the bumper??

$45.00 To remove and replace the apron?? Thats like 10 screws?? $4.50 per screw??

When i asked him for what i'd cost to have the whole car repainted, he snapped and said one quote at a time. So when he handed me my quote he was waiting for me to leave. I then asked about the respray quote and he rudely snapped $6,000. :)

The second quote I got I felt that he explained more to me and gave me a choice in what i wanted him to do. He explained the cheap ways of fixing my bonnet and the more expensive, yet better off way.

At first glance his price seems more expensive, but when you take away the paint, its cheaper by more than $150.00

He gave me a quote on the respray too. This guy actually looks over my car and checked my panels.

I think i've found my guy!!!

Edited by JiP_01

After I got the quotes i went to the wreckers.

Heres what i picked up.

post-1158-1217506382_thumb.jpg

I now have a Shelf!! YaY!!!

Here is my current steering wheel. Notice the crappy horn center?? It just has toyota written on it.

post-1158-1217506392_thumb.jpg

I was looking thru like 15 KE30/35/36/55's and i notice they had the old corolla symbol on the steering wheels. Well, they HAD the symbol, now they don't. I ripped off like 4 KE55 and one early KE30.

Turned out that the KE30 was a better size. So i tried to remove the round bit from the plastic. But couldn't. While i was taking apart my horn i realised that the horn center was alot like the part i nicked from the KE30.

Here is how it looks now. :monkey:

post-1158-1217506430_thumb.jpg

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

:faq: -Its not working that well tho. I've got two cd wallets and a street directory. Sadly they all slide out when I accelorate. So I can only really fit the two cd wallets only if I situate them right.

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01