June 10, 200620 yr comment_122475 wtf is a steering wheel puller, i have never heard of one before, it sounds like a bit of a waste of money since you arnt gunna be using it very often, surley there would be somewhere you could go that has one and get them to do it???? but then how do you get home :ninja: well anyway it was worth a thought cheers Report
June 10, 200620 yr Author comment_122504 :ninja: -Yeah, speaking to a mate about it today at work and he told me he bought one for his car a few weeks back. Said it costed him like $15. I might giv it a go after i go back to the wreckers and get the wiper motor from a KE55 & its wireing. Edited July 16, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 10, 200620 yr comment_122506 Can't say I've heard of these steering wheel pullers either? I've always just undone the main bolt on the boss, gave it a little jiggle and a pull. Usually gets it off. Yours must be a stubborn one! Done a quick google and found this. $43 for that one :ninja: Edited June 10, 200620 yr by Josho Report
June 11, 200620 yr comment_122755 you could try ebay if you get really stuck,i got one from there to get my factory steering wheel off it cost like 11 dollars,and worked a treat toook about 1 minute to set it up and few seconds to pop it off, heres the link to the one i got ::: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Steering-Wheel-Pull...1QQcmdZViewItem hope that helps evilbetty Report
June 12, 200620 yr Author comment_122813 :thumbsup: Okay, I did what everyone told me to and loosend the nut almost all the way then jiggles the wheel. And I have it my all. If it wasn't held on my that nut when it gave way it would have hit me quare in the head. So i got the wheel off and i was taking my wipers/indicators/headlights stalk off, then replacing it with a late KE55 one. I am so exited, I CAN HIGH BEAM PEOPLE NOW!!!!! :cool: My beams are working. Watch out f@$kERS. :D The stalk has an intermittent wiper setting. As i don't have the motor or wireing to match YET, when I switch it onnn itttt issss goingggg vvvverrry ssssllllowwwwwlllllyyy. For now since we are not expecting rain it shold do till i get the rest. One last thing while i had my steering column open i saw that my ingition is really loose and that could be the reason why when i hit bumps the whole thing rattles. Is there a way to tighten it?? I saw underneith it looked like a couple threaded bolts with no nuts on it. But there is no space for nuts there?? So i'm unsure how i'd tighten it?? Any ideas?? thanks, Jon. Edited July 16, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 12, 200620 yr Author comment_122904 :thumbsup: -Here's an interesting fact, Lolla brand new = $5,390.00 Sadly shes not worth that today even if you spend double that on her. :cool: Edited July 16, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 16, 200620 yr Author comment_123776 :jealous: -I've just created something today!! A couple months ago I was at the wreckers and I bought myself a KE70 boot latch, cable and release lever. Today I marked out the new holes so I could mount it in place of the original latch. I still need to thread the wire through into the cabin. As for the latch, i might end up searching for another lever. This one has a fuel tank lever too so i'll need to hack it off. Plus its bulky. Jon. Edited July 31, 200818 yr by JiP_01 Report
June 16, 200620 yr comment_123777 i want to get an electronic boot release. Where should i look? Report
June 16, 200620 yr Author comment_123778 :jealous: -I'm sure that you could pick one up at like Repco, Autopro, AutObarn. Any of those places. Edited July 16, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
July 11, 200620 yr Author comment_127955 **UPDATE** Okay, so after i did the boot release latch, i fitted the cable. Heres how it turned out: Heres the lever. It still has the fuel door cable attached. I'm currently looking if there are any cars that had just a single lever. I don't really need a fuel release. It also tucks away behind the panel between the two doors. My panel beater today told me he could weld me up a bracket for it to fix onto since it is currently loose. ... Edited July 31, 200818 yr by JiP_01 Report
July 11, 200620 yr Author comment_127962 **UPDATE** (Continued) So today i got my car back from my panel beater. Heres how she was before: And Now. Heres the repair on the bonnet The side view with the new apron, bumper and grille. the bumper is yet to be polished up. I had two choices of aprons. One early KE30 one and the late KE30/KE55 one. I chose the Late KE30/KE55 one cause i like how it flares out in the front. Now lastly, a front on shot. Before Lolla was just 3 colours, now she has another 3. She's Yellow, Baby shit (Mustard), Gold, Grey and now White. Edited July 31, 200818 yr by JiP_01 Report
July 11, 200620 yr Author comment_127964 While she was getting repaired i used my mums and dads car once. The gear box went. So i had to catch several busses to the city to get my car and now for the next couple weeks I have to drive my olds around. The crappy part is that i'll be paying for some of it so Lolla will miss out on stuff. :hmm: Edited July 11, 200620 yr by JiP_01 Report
July 12, 200620 yr comment_128225 Hey You won't need the wiper motor from a ke55 to make your intermittant wiper setting work. In the ke55's, there is a black 4pin module in the drivers' right-hand kickpanel. You will need this, you need to cut-and-shut 2 wires from the combination assembly and there is one extra wire going to the stalk assy, have done this conversion myself. Good luck Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now