Ke30 Lolla The Corolla

JiP

wtf is a steering wheel puller, i have never heard of one before, it sounds like a bit of a waste of money since you arnt gunna be using it very often, surley there would be somewhere you could go that has one and get them to do it????

but then how do you get home :ninja:

well anyway it was worth a thought

cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ninja: -Yeah, speaking to a mate about it today at work and he told me he bought one for his car a few weeks back. Said it costed him like $15.

I might giv it a go after i go back to the wreckers and get the wiper motor from a KE55 & its wireing.

Edited by JiP_01

Can't say I've heard of these steering wheel pullers either?

I've always just undone the main bolt on the boss, gave it a little jiggle and a pull.

Usually gets it off.

Yours must be a stubborn one!

Done a quick google and found this.

J8503.jpg

$43 for that one :ninja:

Edited by Josho

you could try ebay if you get really stuck,i got one from there to get my factory steering wheel off it cost like 11 dollars,and worked a treat toook about 1 minute to set it up and few seconds to pop it off,

heres the link to the one i got :::

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Steering-Wheel-Pull...1QQcmdZViewItem

hope that helps

evilbetty

:thumbsup: Okay, I did what everyone told me to and loosend the nut almost all the way then jiggles the wheel. And I have it my all. If it wasn't held on my that nut when it gave way it would have hit me quare in the head.

So i got the wheel off and i was taking my wipers/indicators/headlights stalk off, then replacing it with a late KE55 one.

I am so exited, I CAN HIGH BEAM PEOPLE NOW!!!!! :cool: My beams are working. Watch out f@$kERS. :D

The stalk has an intermittent wiper setting. As i don't have the motor or wireing to match YET, when I switch it onnn itttt issss goingggg vvvverrry ssssllllowwwwwlllllyyy. For now since we are not expecting rain it shold do till i get the rest.

One last thing while i had my steering column open i saw that my ingition is really loose and that could be the reason why when i hit bumps the whole thing rattles. Is there a way to tighten it?? I saw underneith it looked like a couple threaded bolts with no nuts on it. But there is no space for nuts there?? So i'm unsure how i'd tighten it??

Any ideas??

thanks,

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

:thumbsup: -Here's an interesting fact, Lolla brand new = $5,390.00

Sadly shes not worth that today even if you spend double that on her. :cool:

Edited by JiP_01

:jealous: -I've just created something today!!

A couple months ago I was at the wreckers and I bought myself a KE70 boot latch, cable and release lever. Today I marked out the new holes so I could mount it in place of the original latch.

post-1158-1217506990_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1217506999_thumb.jpg

I still need to thread the wire through into the cabin. As for the latch, i might end up searching for another lever. This one has a fuel tank lever too so i'll need to hack it off. Plus its bulky.

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

• 4 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

Okay, so after i did the boot release latch, i fitted the cable. Heres how it turned out:

post-1158-1217507251_thumb.jpg

Heres the lever. It still has the fuel door cable attached. I'm currently looking if there are any cars that had just a single lever. I don't really need a fuel release.

It also tucks away behind the panel between the two doors. My panel beater today told me he could weld me up a bracket for it to fix onto since it is currently loose.

post-1158-1217507243_thumb.jpg

Edited by JiP_01

**UPDATE** (Continued)

So today i got my car back from my panel beater.

Heres how she was before:

post-1158-1217507592_thumb.jpg

And Now.

post-1158-1217507637_thumb.jpg

Heres the repair on the bonnet

post-1158-1217507650_thumb.jpg

The side view with the new apron, bumper and grille. the bumper is yet to be polished up.

I had two choices of aprons. One early KE30 one and the late KE30/KE55 one. I chose the Late KE30/KE55 one cause i like how it flares out in the front.

post-1158-1217507657_thumb.jpg

Now lastly, a front on shot. Before Lolla was just 3 colours, now she has another 3. She's Yellow, Baby shit (Mustard), Gold, Grey and now White.

post-1158-1217507625_thumb.jpg

Edited by JiP_01

While she was getting repaired i used my mums and dads car once.

The gear box went. So i had to catch several busses to the city to get my car and now for the next couple weeks I have to drive my olds around.

The crappy part is that i'll be paying for some of it so Lolla will miss out on stuff. :hmm:

Edited by JiP_01

Hey

You won't need the wiper motor from a ke55 to make your intermittant wiper setting work.

In the ke55's, there is a black 4pin module in the drivers' right-hand kickpanel.

You will need this, you need to cut-and-shut 2 wires from the combination assembly and there is one extra wire going to the stalk assy, have done this conversion myself.

Good luck