Ms85 Crown. 1Uzfe

greenmac80

Members dont see this ad

haha yeah. we'll be acid dipping alot of it but now way will i get the body done. the roof will literally fall off. Looking at possibly doing an entire roof swap on it.

these things are pretty cool. Bench seats. Rear side fold dickie seat. Electric rear window with side open gate.

this will be getting ground up resto with 1jzgte+auto retaining the column shift. Hilux rear end brake upgrades etc.

• 2 weeks later...

small updates. Got sick of smashing bumpstops all the time in the rear. OEM springs are just knackered.

So i bought pedders heavy duty standard height and this happened.

20160709_100349.jpg

came up a good 2" or so. looks spastic. But i thought since i plan to run a smaller wheel with a much bigger tyre it might end up looking ok.

so i got myself some 15" cragars. the front have an issue though. since the brake upgrade the design of the wheel wont allow it to bolt up without a 20mm spacer. so this is the problem i'm left with.

20160710_160929.jpeg

so the fronts have been sent off to be modified. they are being given as much positive offset as can safely be done. Now this will hopefully suck the wheel into the guard a fair way allowing me to possibly go a lower spring again up front.

and here is the rears.

20160710_151441.jpg

20160710_151452.jpg

20160710_160918.jpeg

i am stoked with the change in ride and handling going the bigger tyre and the much firmer rear springs. but its too high.

i have since gone the pedders lowered spring in the back bringing it back down to the height it was at before but its still a much firmer more stable ride.

I'm still waiting on my custom front swaybar. been 7 weeks since ordering.

Also got a bosskit to suit my woodgrain wheel. Much nicer feel now.

thanks man. I'm pretty happy with how the rear is sitting now. a smidge lower would be nice but that'll mean custom springs and i don't want it THAT much.

front i may drop a lil more since i can get a lower spring easy. Fronts are same as za fairlane lol. i'll post a pic next week of the new rear springs in and the front wheels on.

aaaand trans dead again.

this time not the pump.

this time its went bang shifting into second. now has no gears whatsoever. so off to MV automatince for a stage 2 shift kit. a different stall converter and all the other fruit they can do. reckons he can build it to handle 800hp ish. Wallet is gonnna kill but i'm over fixing transmissions

yeah i can. be bit cheaper too. but.. i want to use the car for drag racing. plus daily life. Auto is the only way to go.

Will be changing a bunch of things while its off the road.

send driveshaft off for balancing. Make upper diff arm adjustable to i can fine tune the pinion angle.

make a new centre bearing x member to be firmer and allow twin exhaust. and obviously go twin exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...