Ke20 Thermo Switch Location

Hey folks,

After some advice on thermo switch location for a ke20. Is it possible to not mount it in the engine bay, and attach it to one of the heater houses in the interior using a similar fitting in this pic? Being further away from the radiator would it require a lower "on" temp?

post-5723-0-15730000-1435241060_thumb.jpg

Mitch

Edited by mitch4397

Members dont see this ad

Another cheap option if the size works, is to grab a top thermostat housing off something 80's onward at the wreckers with a built in temperature switch to trigger fans. I've got an AE82 top on a AE86 bottom on my 4AGE.

I remember at the time looking at Camry's and what not, and there was some variation in size and angles. If one fits on K housing, very cheap, and almost factory.

cheers for the responses,

Had a sus of the digital temp controls, interesting but probably not what I'm after.

So scrapping the heater hose idea, hows about this handy little nipple coming off the water pump that was otherwise going to be plugged...?

post-5723-0-13635800-1435327113_thumb.jpg post-5723-0-08205700-1435327388_thumb.jpg

Edited by mitch4397

Whatever setup you use has to have access to coolant within the circulating cooling system on the radiator side of the thermostat at all times. The outlet Tor has listed would be the easiest and most reliable way of doing it.

At $57.50 plus post, you would be hard pressed to find a cheaper option also.

looking good reminds me how mine started, I have been running a Davis Craig and VS Commodore fan teck screwed into the fan shroud "fits perfect" setup for 20 years on mine and it's still going strong, I wonder if the digital controllers would go the distance, cheap enough though, keep up the good work