Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Broke My Neck On My Pushie Today

Featured Replies

Today I was feeling a little better from my fever and stomach bug so I decided I might take my g/f for a short ride in Choc-Buddha(MTB trail).

 

We were going great, I did the ramp/log first time and got it first go

Then we made our way to the ramps that go onto the log... I did it the 2nd time round.. the whole thing.. after a couple of losses of balance I was going well until I lost balance on the log and my head went straight into a tree breaking the helmet apart completely... its shattered, my whole body weight + bike weight... was compacting my head/neck against the tree.... I can't really remember much after that.. I have a huge headache, neckpains, and grazes on my colarbone. I have the X-rays back and it looks like I have a fractured top virtabre around my spinal cord. :sad:

 

The worst part is that my rear derailer is bent into the back wheel.. I think my handles are bent aswell...

 

So wear your helmet guys..

Tommi

Damn dude, i hope you get better. What sort of recovery or whatever do you have to do for that?

sh*t ey?

 

F*** the bike, you can't get necks off e-bay...

- go with what nick said ! -

 

bandaid_bf24.gif

 

c27.gif

 

:D

Shite, I almost know how you feel - I've broken a few helmets inline skating, and been bed ridden for awhile (thought I broke my neck at first) after landing on my head, got thrown from a horse.

 

Get well soon dude, don't worry about your bike. You live to tell the tale, that's the most important bit.

holy shit! good luck with a speedy recovery. sounds like you were a bee's dick away from ending up in a wheelchair

FARK!

 

thats some intense shit...you're very lucky

 

not the best thing to happen. I hope you're feeling better. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

  • Author

Thanks for the kind words guys... I reakon I'll be right, Booked in for a MRI scan at the local Hospital ... my neck feels ok though pain has gone down a lot .. actually can turn it now ... but if there is a fracture as first suspected it will be known!

 

I might go now see if I can find a neck on e-bay hehe or find a 2004 Shamano Deore rear derailer :) Oh my doc said in order for me to recover I have to sit on my bum not move much ... like watching TV.. or on the comp... I'm a pro at this.

 

P.S: Thanks for the Nurse Pussy :D

(I tried to resist making that comment hehe)

  • Author

MRI confirms no broken neck!!! woohoo.. means i can get my bike fixed and try the log ride again hehe

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.