Master Cylinder

Rolaspec

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve,

Most Rollaclub guys who upgrade their front brake rotors & calipers, also increase the capacity of their master cylinder to avoid a very hard pedal.

Master cylinders with 15/16" or 1.0" dia. cylinders work well.

I used a Pajero MC, and it worked fine. Brand new ones on ebay were relatively cheap.

You could do the conversion in two stages. Upgrade the brakes, and see how "hard" the brake pedal force required is with your existing MC. If it is too hard then upgrade the MC also.

I did similar upgrade a couple of years ago. I used Cressida rotors & calipers, + the Pajero MC. The braking performance of the car was greatly improved, and it has worked perfectly. I've currently got a KE55 complete rear diff assembly & 9.0" brakes ready to go in, to finalise the complete brake upgrade.

Only thing to consider, is whether you want to upgrade the booster also. However, it gets very tight in that area, if you go to a bigger booster + MC. I stuck with the KE30 one.

http://www.rollaclub...page__hl__banjo

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/70150-problems-after-paj-master-cyl-install/page__p__686736__hl__+pajero#entry686736

Cheers Banjo

O

Edited by Banjo

the commodore master i use is identical externally to the standard ke55 one and mounts to the ke55 brake booster. it is internally 15/16. when i had a standard intake on mine it was tight on that side but fitted fine with more than 10mm clearance.

talk to jordan, the kit may be made to work with the ke30 brake master and booster which is a much smaller setup.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

It sounds like your engine is positioned slightly different to mine. I don't have the brake light switch connected, but the rest is normal. Your best bet would be to use the master and booster off an early ke30 i guess, it will give the clearance you need. As an upgrade that will bolt to that booster a pajero master cylinder is often used.

Hi Steve,

There are several varieties of the Pajero MC. The differences are the outlet position for the front brakes.

The model you need is a JB1712, which can be obtained on line at ebay.

post-270-0-50212700-1456188399_thumb.jpg

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo