Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

I'm starting to think its something to do with the airflow.

Remember when the car started because i changed intercooler, or when it wouldnt because intercooler wasn't on... When the car wasnt used the intercooler wasnt on exposing the throttle inlet which may have been open a little.

Mr & Mrs bug/mouse/what ever comes along and makes home in the throttle body, I turn on car sucks the 'home' into the engine causing an air blockage.

Does that make any sense???

P.s: don't really know how stop arcing issue beside changing the lead

P.s: Eyes are fine now used a whole bottle of eye drops to flush/clean them... my wife commited on how great my skin looks after the whole thing- lol wtf? :)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Bugs making homes in intake manifolds etc I've heard of happening, so I guess it's possible that something may have gotten in there. I'd suspect the intake manifold/runners before the inside of the combustion chambers, though the only way to make certain is to pull the spark plugs out & have a look with a torch. Wouldn't hurt to check out the rest of the intake piping too just in case? Honestly, I have my doubts that this could have happened so quickly but I guess stranger things have happened. :)

If a lead's arcing, change it, it's stuffed. :yes: I had an occasional misfire issue with my Twin Cam, changed only the spark leads & it disappeared, discovered a spot of burnt insulation on one of the old leads upon closer inspection. Aside from making sure what's meant to be earthed is & properly, I'm not sure what else can be done either. :blinks:

To quote Billy Connolly: "Women, you think they're the same species just because they walk upright & talk to you from time to time." Good to hear man, eye injuries REALLY suck! If anything doesn't feel right, get to a docotor ASAP, not worth the risk. :y:

Edited by carbonboy

Hmmm i bought one those clear fuel filters so i can actually see the fuel in there and believe me it has fuel preasure, do you think there could be blockage some where before the injectors??

Please change the fuel filter to an efi one before it blows apart.

• Upvote 1

Carbonboy you got me thinking about the missfire you had, i remember that the guys who did the engine conversion advanced the timming as far it would go. Is it possible that advanced timing is causing these issues????

Trev, i didnt get a chance to get one yesterday i sat on ippy mwy for over an hour as some commuters decided to be stunt drivers and roll their cars :)

Carbonboy you got me thinking about the missfire you had, i remember that the guys who did the engine conversion advanced the timming as far it would go. Is it possible that advanced timing is causing these issues????

Trev, i didnt get a chance to get one yesterday i sat on ippy mwy for over an hour as some commuters decided to be stunt drivers and roll their cars :)

ok, Z200 at supercheap was $16

The misfire wasn't a constant thing, it would pick & choose its moments to happen. I think it was vibration/movement from driving that would cause it to move close enough to metal to arc or far enough away to cause it to stop. :(

From my limited knowledge, it seems unlikely that the advanced timing alone is causing the issues, although it could be giving you grief in conjunction with fuel supply problem. :hmm: Maybe Trev or Medicine Man could be of more help than I can can on this one, would dare say they know a lot more about electrics than I ever will. :yes:

Christmas came early for Maxi. :P

Edited by carbonboy