Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

My project car is a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) 1987 Toyota Corolla II GP Turbo (Grey Import)

post-5-1145784501_thumb.jpg

I bought the car in bad shape for a decent price, so I spent thousands refreshing the car and bringing it back to its original standard. Once Finished I decided on a 4EFTE transplant from an early Starlet GT Turbo. The conversion was dodgy and to cut a long story short, I was ripped off leaving me with a car with more problems then when I originally bought it, and the problems from the dodgy engine transplant ultimately lead to the car faulting and being taking off the road.

Slowly I have been repairing the car and finding things which need attention.

The plan now is to get the engine going using the Starlet ECU (1.3ltr 16v DOHC 4CYL Turbo) and not the 3E ECU (1.5ltr 12v SOHC 4CYL Turbo).

MASSIVE THANKS TO: Nick, Justin, Teddy and whole RollaClub team for helping me out when I get a in pickle :y:

Attached are some photos of what I'm aiming to archive:

post-5-1145783688_thumb.jpg

- Highly worked 4EFTE producing 348HP @ the wheels

post-5-1145783909_thumb.jpg

- TRD Coilovers

post-5-1145784051.jpg

- TOMs Bucket seats

:P theres a lot more.... but yeh you get the idea :P

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

I know of a non-turbo Corsa with a 4e turbo conversion, however the owner is asking to much and the condition isn't the best.

How about an early Starlet??

unregistered FIVE door Turbo Starlet S at ABC wreckers

"Seemed a bit neglected with front windscreen trim missing, some rust around fuel cap but the wrecking yard had dropped the price from $2,200 down to $1,200 obviously to move it. Complete car but they may wreck it for parts soon? "

"Had about 123,XXX km's on it - was an auto however what caught my eye was that it was a 5 door model..."

Well... if you wanna do some work on the loom re: ecu, its best not to pull the whole dash board apart and then still find that craming into the front passenger foot well is going to get you either very stuck & annoyed and or light headed from working upside down...

... time to pull the loom out into the open spaces of the engine bay

I think traction issues would be a problem.

A friend of mine was telling me his friend has a celica with a 3SGTE making something like 160kw at the wheels and he has run 13sec passes. I think thats fast enough... as long as the car handles. :P