Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

VF = check connector.

VCC = sensor power supply (5 volts), should be for the TPS.

Hi Trev, are you sure? PSW is the throttle position sensor and that's on both ECU's,

I have a good feeling the VSV2 is the same DISC

mother of god, your doing alright considering :o

if your still having issues in a few weeks time, ill get my books out when I'm back in the country and have a looksie' :cool:

Thanks Teddy, Wow where are you jet setting to? taking holidays... who approved that! :no2:

:P Have fun mate! ........ hopefully the car will be ready to fire up in a few weeks, but any help I can get about this wiring I'll grab!

Holy sparking wires Batman! :blinks:

Air con, schmair con...wait...you're in Queensland, you need it! :laff:

Nice work man, I'd be making more mistakes than that. :y:

Thanks mate! I hope your nearly finished with your body work... lol (so you can start on mine! lol)

Yeh, air-con is sorta a requirement if long drives are planned in summer time, tho when it broke and I had to drive an hour to work in the middle of summer through traffic, I was suprised I was never arrested for indecent exposure :P

Then again, I'm not 100% sure on what I want to do with Maxi, I've always talked of a tarmac rally car, maybe one day do targa tas (dream of mine since I was little) .. what ever the case, first things first, it needs to run!

Hi Trev, are you sure? PSW is the throttle position sensor and that's on both ECU's,

I have a good feeling the VSV2 is the same DISC

I looked up VCC in my 4age manual and it said:

VCC = sensor power supply (5 volts)

You got an AFM?

Edited by Trev

Hey Trev, thanks for checking it out for me!

If possible, can you please check out what these are, and if I have them correct:

3ETE engine loom:

VSV2 -

V-ISC - ???

4EFTE engine loom:

ELS - Electrial load signal system tail light relay

DISC - Aux. Control Valve / idle system vaccum switching valve

AC1 - A/C Switch signal system (12v to aircon computer)?

AC2 - 12v to aircon computer

ACT - A/C cut control system

Trev, what's VF = check connector. mean? what would plug upto that?

***3ETE to 4EFTE ECU PIN-OUT*** diagram removed for editing.

RE: Air flow meter, Apparently not, I did some quick research into it and it doesn't use one. the 4EFTE uses a map sensor.

*****EDIT***** I found this great article on wiring up the 4EFTE into a Tercel / Paseo - check it out if your stuck.

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

This weekend, I have to do the mowing, put the round tyres with air in them on... and push the car out onto the mowed lawn, get the scissor jack under it and jack it up and put it on axle stands, get under it and drain the fuel, wire up the TPS sensor, swap the 3ETE injectors to 4EFTE ones, swap the injector plugs to 4EFTE ones, finish other ECU mystery wiring, and hopefully have the car ready to fit the loom and maybe a test fire up the following weekend.

Couple of progress pics:

Jacking the car up, I used these steel plates under the jack, worked a treat.

post-5-0-01167100-1319333405_thumb.jpg

I'm going to need a bigger jack to put the axle stands under the car.

post-5-0-61474300-1319333418_thumb.jpg

If you were wondering why did I swap the wheel, here is the answer:

post-5-0-93410800-1319333466_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-32678800-1319333498_thumb.jpg

Finally I have some room to move around and I can air out the car, Maxi doesn't look to bad after being in storage for so long, still nice and shiny.

post-5-0-52871300-1319333593_thumb.jpg

Dayum!! Not sure which is more surprising to me, the fact that i have never seen this much wiring before, or the fact that i have never seen one of these cars before!

Props to you for keeping at it, with all this wiring i wouldve just rolled it to the electrician and thrown some money at him lol

Gonna be intense with the 4EFTE in there!! How much do these weigh? And are they more similar to the starlet than the corolla?

First of all welcome to Rollaclub! :y:

It's an interesting little car, the chasis is more Tercel... crossed with EP71 starlet with ae92 GTS styling cues.

EL31's come in at around 850kg.

Detailed specs (not sure how accurate tho)

I don't really have that option of throwing money at it, not really in that situation to be able to do that (and get away with it without sleeping on the couch), so I just take it slowly, learning as I go, thankfully I have another car as my daily driver which makes a lot less stressful and easier.

I'm really looking forward to it running the 4EFTE on the correct ECU, since buying this car I have had only a select few moments of it running well, even with the old engine, so to sort out the engine and have it running like it should be will be a dream come true.

I don't really have that option of throwing money at it, not really in that situation to be able to do that (and get away with it without sleeping on the couch), so I just take it slowly, learning as I go, thankfully I have another car as my daily driver which makes a lot less stressful and easier.

The way I figure it is, women rarely (if ever) tells us how much things they shop for REALLY cost, so there's no obligation for us to... Wait, I don't have a partner, don't listen to me on that! :laff:

Gotta get off my ass, not looking good for me in our 'race'. :wink:

The way I figure it is, women rarely (if ever) tells us how much things they shop for REALLY cost, so there's no obligation for us to... Wait, I don't have a partner, don't listen to me on that! :laff:

Gotta get off my ass, not looking good for me in our 'race'. :wink:

As the saying goes, happy wife, happy life :cool:

lol money, to get the car where I want it I think I need to double my pay without doubling the expenses, never get up your wife for buying her girly things, instead promote it, incourage it, and hopefully they will return the favour when you say "but honey, working on my car really makes me happy"

And as for our race, .... hmm you better get a move on! actually not really, I don't think I'm going to register Maxi until i move out of here and get a place with a proper garage!

Finished swapping the Injector wiring over... off to bed.. :)

P.S: Because I really badly need sleep, what is the pin out for :

TPS on the 4EFTE ECU

V-ISC - Auxiliary Control Valve Or Idle-Up System on 4EFTE

VSV2 - Fuel Pressure-Up Vacuum Switching Valve on 4EFTE

P.S: I fractured my little finger in the gym today, soldering / working on car / typing sucks now :(

**EDIT**

VCC to VC

V-ISC - no wire on 3ETE harness

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

I finished the engine harness today, and connected it back up, only had a couple of issues with some sensors and plugs, 1 green one near the alternator which I accidentially ripped out with the plug still connected, 1 under the dizzy which is the same story and another little earth plug from the looks of it. and I have 2 black, 1 green plugs with out homes :(

Anyhow, I have good news and bad news.

Good news = the engine isn't seized

Bad news = I'm back to square one

So this is what I did:

Poured 5ltrs of fuel into the fuel tank

plugged up loom

plugged up ECU

Put the negative (ground) onto the battery

As soon as I touch the positive connector to the battery the starter motor kicked in and started turning over the car

I unplugged it to make sure I didn't have any fires etc.... (and thought WTF!!!)

Reconnected the positive to battery and car automatically started cranking over, I checked the iginition whilst the car was cranking over and attempted to turn the key, this it seem just drained the battery really quick and engine stopped cranking over.

So ...... yeh

:(

Not really sure what to do now, ....I'm pretty shattered it didn't work

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo