Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

Went out today to see what I could do to help get this running and it now runs :P

Yeehaaa Justin!! You are definatlly the mad scientist of all that is electrical!!!!!!

Stu.

P.S where are the skid vids?????

Edited by kickn5k

It's true, Justin got Maxi to run, he really is the Medicine Man of all things Toyota! a car whisperer even... it was unreal to hear Maxi start up after so long, full story later with photos...

THANK YOU JUSTIN!!!

great new mate. can't wait to see pics. and maybe even hear it over christmas. speak soon.

Jeez mate, thats no good. At least they didn't find the mad little car under the house hey? lol

They will get a surpirse soon enough :fuzz:

AWESOME!!!!

:dance: :party: :dance:

You were due for something good to happen, can't wait to get my computer back together so I can view pictures properly! :D

Auto-sparkies rock! :y:

Would you believe my bad luck streak continued that week with a truck running into the side of my Astra, thankfully I pulled up before he did any real damage besides scratching my drivers side door mirror when he merged on me without looking!

I knew the extent of the damage was scratched mirror at the time, but I seriously was that over it (over everything) I kept driving to work and didn't do anything about it, ...

AAAAAWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAHH!!! :dance:

hehehehe :laff:

great new mate. can't wait to see pics. and maybe even hear it over christmas. speak soon.

Hey man, I hope their treating you well! I have to organise rego... (hear that Carbonboy!!) and a Rollaclub cruise .. at the moment I've got to work out how to upload the pics from my phone to PC and put them up... also want to put up a video too :)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Ok, here is the story from last weekend,

Medicine Man rocked around, I opened the bonnet, Medicine Man looked at the engine, and said something along the lines of "hmmm ... ahhhhhh" and then grabbed a spanner, put it into the engine bay and then said "your car will now work off the iginition key" .... and I was like "pfffttttt can't be that easy", .. so Medicine Man plugged up the battery and asked me to turn the key, which I did and the car started to crank over like it should, BUT! it didn't start....

Medicine Man then opened his tool box, replaced the spanner with a multi-meter and verified everything should be working as normal and then the Medicine Man said, "it's not getting any fuel" and I was like "pfffftt I poured 10ltrs of fuel into, its got fuel", Medicine Man looked at me like this: :rolls: and then showed me that the fuel rail was bone dry.... it was hot so we retreated inside for some cold beer and chicken with salad.

Anyhow, Medicine Man said we can't just give up after coming so far... so whilst pondering these words Medicine man already pulled apart the rear interior and exposed the fuel tank looking for the fuel pump, however the fuel pump isn't accessable via under the rear seats so before I knew it the rear of the car was being jacked up (then it fell off the sissor jack! :happy: heh) anyways we managed to get it up and onto some axle stands, couple of bolts removed the tank was dropped to see if we could find the problem:

post-5-0-28785400-1321361627_thumb.jpg <-- Found it!

Then I asked my wife to jump into the car to steer it whilst we pushed it around the backyard making turbo wooossshhh sounds .. and when it was out of the way we then pushed the parts car out:

post-5-0-13098000-1321361604_thumb.jpg

We lifted the parts car up onto axle stands and dropped the fuel tank out of it:

post-5-0-67994900-1321361613_thumb.jpg

Then we swapped the fuel tanks over, connected all the plugs and then we pumped the shitty fuel out of the fuel lines and when finished and re-connected everything, Medicine Man asked me to turn the key, and first go, Maxi turned over no problems!

Until I got so excited and reved it hard that a massive spark blew out of the engine bay... and this is a learning experiance, when fitting a loom make sure you bolt down and tighten everything! I didn't and the alternator plug was loose.. woops!

Then the heater hose started shooting coolant all over the place... so we called it a night.

Pics from the day Medicine Man and me worked on Rolla.

Medicine Man's Beast in the backyard jungle:

post-5-0-14021700-1321361574_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-25543700-1321361582_thumb.jpg

Maxi:

post-5-0-92805600-1321361590_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-88371500-1321361594_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-71603200-1321361597_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-91728600-1321361622_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-67994900-1321361613_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-97395000-1321361607_thumb.jpg

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Hey man, I hope their treating you well! I have to organise rego... (hear that Carbonboy!!)

I do believe I have just been OWNED, so I shall concede defeat. :yes: The only progress I've made is getting Sudi (previous ride/parts), Gokai (project), Loki (my dog) & myself all at the same address.. :laff:

I look around & so much of my life is still in boxes/crates, I understand being over it. :bash: Bad things happen instantly, why do good things take ages? Damn trucks! *shakes fist*

Sounds like you & Medicine Man had quite the busy (& eventful) weekend. :) That fuel pump looks like....it has seen better days. :lol: Great to hear that she started up, even if there were some complaints about it. :y:

It's all Carbonboy, don't concede defeat yet my friend, my wife told me that we don't need two cars, as it's double rego, double insurance, double fuel bills, double parking fees etc etc etc... so I conceded defeat against the arguement of registering the car, and also mentioned that it will happen only when I'm happy with the car!

I still need Front mount kit, new clutch, and other misc stuff ... which will take me some time to raise the funds.

I will know your pain of stuff in boxes very soon!

Sooooo.... i thought ill fix the broken heater hose this morning and now car wont start again... i broke it somehow, sorry Justin :(

I put more fuel in and even jumper leads on... still nothing.. just cranks over.... it better not be a broken fuel pump lol

EDIT: I've been to sick lately to even get out of the house to check it out, hwoever starting to feel a little better so maybe this weekend I'll have it running :)

(fingers crossed)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

I also purchased a trolly jack tho only a 1400kg little fella but should be fine for a 800kg car. I can't wait to get Maxi into the garage and up on axle stands and start stripping it down, and turn him into a trackcar with rego.

Also learn how to do more technical stuff my self.

Things to do:

Suspension - straight swap and later coilovers

Brakes - upgrade to GT rotors on front

Turbo - bolt on highflow ct9/12

Exhaust - upgrade to 3" system

The good news is i have all the parts to do above, (minus coilovers).

Hey Trev, would the fuel filter change the way the car performs under load?

Update - So we finally are in our new place, and I have a garage space waiting for Rolla, I left work early to see if I could get the car started so I can take it to our new place, now some strange stuff happened, I pulled the intercooler off and the car started first go? wtf?

So I'm thinking blocked intercooler, so I put the other on and it's all good, I chuck in the old battery and car still starts, even better, so everything is hooked up and bolted up, so I decide I'll do a little test drive around the yard. The car took off nicely in reverse down the hill, so i put it into 1st to drive back up the little hill and the thing starts sputtering and idle went nuts, and died. now the car refuses to move under-load, and even better ... now refuses to start, I checked ever single little air hose, wire, anything that was different, I took off the intercooler and tried, same story, put it back on, same story, pulled the air-filter off, checked all the plugs, nothing... I'm F#*&ing over it.

The car is now sitting in the middle of the yard in facing the neighbors that I'm 99% broke into my house and I'm all out of ideas?

EDIT: Just googling issues, apparently if this happens on a BMW it could be an airflow sensor or temp sensor, or a bad fuel pressure regulator or ECU that sh&t itself.

I really want to avoid towing it :( if it's still in one piece tomorrow.

EDIT: Things I'll try tomorrow:

1, replace fuel filter

2, replace MAP sensor

3, replace leads and dizzy cap

4, replace coil

5, ?????????

6, ?????????

7, ?????????

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo