Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

I'm glade you enjoyed it!

Yep, needs some loving, see the left over black bits? they were soft pads used to dampen the spare and full of moisture...hence the rust..

I can't find any cassettes to play, so I might stick to CD player...

20yrs ! and in that time car audio has moved onto MP3's :P

Also, I think we have a competition, I'll take a pic of the wiring I've gotten myself into... I'm tempted to swap the whole dashboard over !! and buy the time I'm finished you'll most likely have rego lol

Trev... their multiplying!! :yes: yes my first parts car...

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

I can't find any cassettes to play, so I might stick to CD player...

20yrs ! and in that time car audio has moved onto MP3's :P

Also, I think we have a competition, I'll take a pic of the wiring I've gotten myself into... I'm tempted to swap the whole dashboard over !! and buy the time I'm finished you'll most likely have rego lol

To think that I just threw out the rest of my cassette tapes because they had become unplayable. :( I've heard you can get these "MP3's" from this new place called Napster? Have been meaning to check it out! :wink:

Wiring...:blinks:... *not a fan of this particular part of cars myself*

Seriously though, a) is the other dash better/nicer & b) will it save you time/hassle in the long run?

I was seriously considering it, but it's black and my interior is blue .. I think it would like strange blue / black trim... and I think mine in better condition..

It's a pain but by the looks of it each plug is different to the next so technically everything should unplug and then move it over to my car and replug... that's the plan :rolls:

Sounds like a no-go on the shortcut, bugger! :(

If Toyota have continued the theme of 'one plug, one-port' you might just be in luck. The AE82's you can't get wrong, you can only put a plug in one place either due to it being a different shape/size and/or not enough wire to physically reach. :)

I pulled the whole dash out of the parts car (photos coming soon), however ummm I don't think I need it ???

Basically ... now I'm going to sound really stupid???.. but it seems the ECU plugs were all fitted directly to the engine loom, none actually were connected to the dash loom? :blinks:

I'm really confused now.

Good news is that I disconnected the whole engine loom and its out of the car, only had to snip two wires, one wire to altanator and the other under the intake manifold... I guess I'll work out what that one does later... :hmm:

Also, any thoughts on this old wheel... Nardi leather steering wheel (oct 1992) with carbon tape (I think it looks kinda cool)

post-5-0-76484200-1316437027_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - I'm offline for this week, I have a uni assignment due, Maxi will have to wait a little bit longer.

EDIT: In order to drain the fuel tank do I just undo one of those pipes???

post-5-0-68749500-1317293511_thumb.jpg

The next part in the project:

post-5-0-68479400-1317293654_thumb.jpg

Plus

post-5-0-91598800-1317293688_thumb.jpg

Plus

post-5-0-50949400-1317293734_thumb.jpg

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Also, any thoughts on this old wheel... Nardi leather steering wheel (oct 1992) with carbon tape (I think it looks kinda cool)

I'm in the process of finding & moving house at the moment but if you're wishing to have a horn button made of the real stuff to compliment the wheel, let me know. Might have some bits floating around to suit the purpose. :wink:

FYI - I'm offline for this week, I have a uni assignment due, Maxi will have to wait a little bit longer.

EDIT: In order to drain the fuel tank do I just undo one of those pipes???

post-5-0-68749500-1317293511_thumb.jpg

If you're like me & don't have a fuel tank drain plug (despite my owners manual stating that I do), these pipes will only let you drain the tank to about halfway while still mounted to the car. I used a trolley jack under a piece of timber to support the tank, undid the fuel tank straps & lowered the bugger down. *Note to self* - Get drain plug fitted before putting car back together. :D

Looking forward to progress pics judging by the teaser pics! :)

Edit: Good luck with uni assignment!

Edited by carbonboy

I'm in the process of finding & moving house at the moment but if you're wishing to have a horn button made of the real stuff to compliment the wheel, let me know. Might have some bits floating around to suit the purpose. :wink:

Thanks mate, I completely forgot about the button :blush:

If you're like me & don't have a fuel tank drain plug (despite my owners manual stating that I do), these pipes will only let you drain the tank to about halfway while still mounted to the car. I used a trolley jack under a piece of timber to support the tank, undid the fuel tank straps & lowered the bugger down. *Note to self* - Get drain plug fitted before putting car back together. :D

Looking forward to progress pics judging by the teaser pics! :)

Edit: Good luck with uni assignment!

(1 question took me 2 nights! not even sure if its right... 10 more to go! )

I'll have to get under it for a proper look for that plug, I assume it's like the sump?

I also need to get some axle stands, a couple of the major retailers have some specials, tho not sure how axle stands are going to work on uneven dirt surface :blinks: