Mitsubishi Evolution 8 Or Mustang 2016 Ecoboost?

Currently I'm driving my stock ke70 but I'm looking to upgrading to a new car once I'm off my P plates. There have been so many options but I have narrowed it down to two options. Mitsubishi Evolution 8 or a Mustang 2016 EcoBoost. The car will be my daily driver with hopefully a little bit of track. Just looking for some advice and info.

I've been looking at these cars and between the two the only real difference is that the EVO is AWD and the Mustang is RWD.

They seem to have roughly the same kw/horse power and both 4 cylinder with turbo. However not to sure on body weight.

Price right now, The mustang is cheaper but in a year or so I can only assume that they will go down in price?

Now being that my ke70 is a RWD I have no issue driving them, But everyone I know whos driven an AWD have absolutely loved them.

I will be wanting to Modify them down the road but finding a stock EVO is near to impossible.. At least for a reasonable price.

What do you guys think? Which one would you pick and why? Not looking at spending anymore then 30 -35k

Members dont see this ad

Big question i have to ask is why do you want to spend so much cash on a car at, ~20yrs old?

If you have that much in your bank buy a house mortgage. If you don't you will be paying it off for years and your 30k car will cost you like ~40k by the end.

I've been where you are, bought shiny cars the moment I could (~16k s15 when I finished uni), 6yrs later and I'm back to a $1700 e30. The new cars don't have much soul and having huge loans above your head isn't much fun.

For the sake of the thread, Id go the evo.