Fuseable Link

corollaart

Up to my ass in wiring s@it atm.(4agc to ke55)

Replacing the fuseable link because it become very hot the other day ,my thoughts are that the 4a alternaters

have a lot more out put than the standard 4k alts.

So can i use one of theses www.ebay.com.au/itm/Marine-80-Amp-Contactor-Circuit-Breaker-for-Anchor-Windlass-Five-Oceans-Fre-/181938565704?hash=item2a5c623248:g:MpsAAOSwbdpW

Or maybe one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290821587847?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Between alt + and battery +

I think the stock ND alternator is around 70 amps ,so 80 would cover this ??

Using new heavy wiring also 140 amp rated.

I have a spare harness that i have from one of the parts cars ,the horn and head light wiring are interesting to say the least wtf!!

There is no fuse for head lights?? well not that i can find,seems get power from the fuseable link then doubles back and picks up the

horn which has a inline fuse in engine bay.

Then goes in left hand fire wall to power fuse box and relays.

Geez i hate wiring!!!

Members dont see this ad

Hi Rob,

I completely wired my KE30 from the firewall forward, and it is no use trying to use the existing headlight & horn wiring & circuit. Strip it all out, & just use the headlight & horn feeds from the steering stork to drive 30A auto relays which can switch the battery via fuse to headlights, & then ground. Plenty of wiring diagrams on rollaclub, with suitable circuits.

As for fusible link replacement. Just use an inline Max Fuse holder like this off ebay, from $ 10 - $ 20 ea.

post-270-0-40731600-1467685122_thumb.jpg

Make sure you choose one with nice thick leads. The cheaper ones usually have fair minimal leads.

I'd come down to Armidale & give you a hand, except, it's so damn cold down there at this time of the year.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Thanks banjo and BLZBUB.

I will have look for some wiring diagrams on here for head lights ,just don't like the magic smoke to get out!

Blzbub i think will just start again ,as the wreakers here only keep bogan dores.

Cold yes peddicting snow tonite,some people get excited about ,I'm not one of them.

Thanks Rob

I couldn't be bothered even finding a modern fusible link holder. I bought the modern links at a parts store and made my own mount and wiring for them.

Are you running a headlight relay kit? You can buy them on ebay for under $30 delivered.

I will now ,as ive got most of left hand wiring loom apart BLZBUB.

So i tap into the factory switch on the plug that comes out of the steering colunm?

Then the factory head light relay becomes redundant.

The head lights are then a stand alone system ,only using the factory switch?

rob

You've got it. Although I think the "kits" use the standard headlight wiring as the trigger for the new relay.

It just allows the lights to get power directly from the battery, not via 40yr old wires with loose connections.

Edited by ke70dave

Yeah that's why I was trying to find the aussie seller, but I'm pretty sure he was just sourcing cheap units from China anyway.

I paid $150 for my quad light setup from the US. Worked amazing with decent globes and bulbs.